Gauges

Slipzee

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats best to have?

boost+air/fuel
boost+EGT

does any air/fuel gauge work with wideband or do i need a wideband gauge??

also i looking for gauges that glow red/amber.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boost + air / fuel is a better combination in my opinion, thats what im running, AS LONG as you have a wideband. I have an autometer air / fuel gauge hooked up to my wideband 02, im sure others work, but make sure you check. You can make the gauges glow amber / red by replacing the bulb. The best combination, however, would be all three if you can afford it.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
outta just the two i'd say the boost/egt, the egt is going to instantly tell you if your running lean or rich (based on the temp of the egt) but like sk8 said wideband OWNS all a/f gauges

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Slipzee said:
That wideband sensro would work... Same one I have, but my question is why would you get hondata AND a wideband? Thats hella expensive s**t that you dont need. If you gonna get a wideband, might as well get a freeware program such as turboedit, uberdata, chrome, etc. Any autometer gauge should work, but like I said, dont quote me on it.

Slipzee

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i have a d16y8 in a hb with an edelbrock kit, but no management yet.
i didn't plan on tuning it myself, i was gonna get hondata and get it dyno'd at a garage.

is it easy to tune yourself with wideband??

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Slipzee said:
well i have a d16y8 in a hb with an edelbrock kit, but no management yet.
i didn't plan on tuning it myself, i was gonna get hondata and get it dyno'd at a garage.

is it easy to tune yourself with wideband??
If you were going to get it dyno tuned, then thats just one more reason NOT to get a wideband, because thats what dyno tuning is. If you dont know much about tuning / etc, then Id just get hondata and go get it dynoed, but you dont need a wideband in that case.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boost+egt imo. If you get a good tune then you don't have to worry about your air/fuel, most people get the air/fuel for looks because the little lights look cool :lol: If you're going to boost I'd keep an eye on the oil pressure as well. I currently have a boost and oil pressure gauge. I'll be getting an egt pretty soon tho.

Slipzee

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks sk8, been askin questions everywhere and no one really give noobs a decent answer :D

so what would be better boost+egt or boost+oil pressure?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you go to get it dyno tuned, then your settings will be set, in which case, Id say oil pressure and boost. But at the same time, id want something to monitor my settings to make sure they dont get out of line. So id say go with boost and egt, but really Id get all three to be on the safe side. Oil pressure gauge is only like 30 bucks.

Slipzee

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah its just i brought double gauge dash insert. and didn't really want the odd gauge somewhere else

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get a tripple gauge pod? thats what I did. Initially i had the dash insert, but went with a tripple gauge pod.

Slipzee

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i've removed my cd player and stuck my boost controller/turbo timer in there :/

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im talking about the tripple gauge pod that lines the a-pillar:

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Slipzee said:
ooo that looks nice actully
thanks, so yeah my recommendation would be egt, oil pressure and boost and getting it dyno tuned.

Sirk

5+ Year Member
i've been think about some new gauges, i currently have autometer boost/oil pressure gauges and was going to buy wideband o2 and EGT, but i've been looking at the PLX R-500 and it seems to have some great features! if i got this i wouldn't need an air/fuel or EGT gauge would i??