honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
teevee247 said:
How big is the difference in gearing though between the two? I still find it pulls nice and strong for only having 108hp... many cars with more power fall to me by 3rd gear... oh well... im getting better gas mileage and at the prices up here right now, thats a good thing.
it's really just the final drive gear that is different, you can find the info for all the models gear ratio's at www.civic4g.com , i think it's under specs.

teevee247

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for the link, great info. The finla drive isnt that different either... i might be losing 4 tenths in a quarter...

teevee247

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but my 0-60mph might be the same since my second gear goes just over 60mph... so thats one less shift... hehe...

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
teevee247 said:
but my 0-60mph might be the same since my second gear goes just over 60mph... so thats one less shift... hehe...
in second you should be able to hit atleast 65 mph.

teevee247

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i can hit 65mph in second if i go into the red... at 6500rpm~6700 rpm its right around 60mph...

generationX4

Banned
Um EVERY gear is different in the Si and DX transmission except reverse! Why has nobody argued this yet? It's quite well-known. I have the Helm manual. I'll list the exact gearing for you if you want to argue. Haven't you seen the expert honda tuners building the hybrid DX/Si transmissions? What they do is throw the final gear into a Si transmission so they get the shorter, quicker 1-4 gears and still get the nice mileage on the highway. If they were the same, do you think anyone would attempt this? In other words, the gears on the Si are not going to go as fast, but the car will accelerate faster. That's just how it works. I'm not trying to sound obnoxious, I just got a little upset seeing so many people saying things that arent true on a forum I was considering staying at...Ill stick around. Please don't make up stuff to sound smart for just a couple days till someone shows up that knows.

teevee247

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Then post it... its fun to learn new things and i'd like to compare the ratios cause i don't know them...

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
generationX4 said:
Um EVERY gear is different in the Si and DX transmission except reverse! Why has nobody argued this yet? It's quite well-known. I have the Helm manual. I'll list the exact gearing for you if you want to argue. Haven't you seen the expert honda tuners building the hybrid DX/Si transmissions? What they do is throw the final gear into a Si transmission so they get the shorter, quicker 1-4 gears and still get the nice mileage on the highway. If they were the same, do you think anyone would attempt this? In other words, the gears on the Si are not going to go as fast, but the car will accelerate faster. That's just how it works. I'm not trying to sound obnoxious, I just got a little upset seeing so many people saying things that arent true on a forum I was considering staying at...Ill stick around. Please don't make up stuff to sound smart for just a couple days till someone shows up that knows.
i'll argue with ya ass hat

EDM CIVIC 1.3luxe | 1.5i GL/GLX | 1.6i |
USDM Si | DX [manual] CIVIC 1.5i GL
[manual] CIVIC 1.6i VT/CRX 1.6i VT
[manual]
1st 3.250 2.705 2.705 3.250 3.250
2nd 1.894 1.560 1.560 1.944 2.052
3rd 1.259 1.027 1.027 1.346 1.416
4th 0.937 0.780 0.780 1.033 1.103
5th
0.771 - - 0.878 0.870
R 3.153 1.954 1.954 3.153 3.000
FDR 4.250 4.214 3.933 3.888 4.133
- (DX FDR 3.890) (1.5i GLX FDR 4.058)

they are different except for final drive, trust me i know what the hell i'm talking about, and besides the info i have hear is outta a service manual from the honda dealer i work for.

generationX4

Banned
ok, thats WRONG. trust the manual, or trust the actual tranny. i had an Si and the gears are DEFINITELY shorter. that site had a lot of things wrong by the way as far as numbers. anything they didnt know, it looks like they copied from the model next to it

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
generationX4 said:
ok, thats WRONG. trust the manual, or trust the actual tranny. i had an Si and the gears are DEFINITELY shorter. that site had a lot of things wrong by the way as far as numbers. anything they didnt know, it looks like they copied from the model next to it
the info i supplied is from honda, my numbers are correct.

teevee247

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jspeczturbo has shown many times in the past to know what he's talking about, plus he works for honda, so i think we'll take his word over yours for now... unless you can actually come up with some hard proff to show what you mean, because without proof or a source your info ain't valid...

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
and i have proven my source time and again, so people know to trust my word.