Gettin' new car...need advice

Double D

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok guys, here's whats happenin'. I found myself a '96 Civic for 'bout $5000. It's got 'bout 112,000 miles on it and it's stick. It looks like it's been really taken care of. Now my question is, is that a decent price or should I stick with my little 4th generation Civic and just worry 'bout puttin' mods into that? Thanx for the help.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if its a ex, then its a good deal. dont forget to check the timing belt, most people are lazy or dont know when to do the timing belt and it may need new plugs, plug wires.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
spend $5000 and swap a b-series motor into your hatch....youd be the quickness

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im with all black on this one. just swap it. much better idea

Double D

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm still not sure, my hatch still needs a lotta work. It's a piece of crap. The interior is 'bout done for and the body needs repaintin' too.
If I would do a conversion I was thinkin' somethin' along the lines of b18 outta a 'teg but I ain't sure. I'd still have to do a dpfi to mpfi conversion too.
I think I'm gonna go stop by again sometime tomorrow and check out the car again closer up.

munky

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
like the other said.. keep your car, and get an engine swap.

Kjeldor

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that seems like a lot of money. am looking at a 96 ex with 93k miles and stick as well for 2500-3000
just needs new front and rear bumper

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my car is a 00 and i got about 90k already, its not too high of a milage, look at it, its a 96 and right now its 2004. its about say 7 years, depended when it was made. so thats about 16k miles a year.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
mines only a 98 with 53k

Koda

N.H.K.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im still gunno have to go with that to high of miles i have a 99 and i only have 43k and 20k on the engine

x007den

New User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i say look into getting a better price. the 4th gen is probably starting to show its age i assume.

jameson1686

forever a post whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My 98 ex civic that im looking to buy has 57k miles. stick, intake(iono which brand) And its looking like i might get it for 5g. theirs 2 small dents on it and the interior is a mess. But nothing a little shampooing(sp?) couldn't help. Also the heat isn't exactly working.(im thinking a heating coil or somtin) And theirs 4 holes in the trunk where he had a spoiler(which i might put on). If i can get it ill be sure to post some pics of her. Shes a great project car.

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think thats too much miles for $5000. You can find a better deal. Just check the local classifieds there.