give me some ball park estimates on clutch replacement 08 honda civic si..please

robtonet

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
senior owned one owner never never abused in any way...175.000 very well maintained miles. quite a surpeise to me about the clutch...I first thought it was bushings in the shift linkage causing sloppy shifting and occasional scratch in first and reverse ..but the catch point is very close to the floor and now some goofy noises at catch time etc...so fairly sure it is the clutch-
choice of dealer to replace and however much they can stretch my hiniee hole...or a very good shop that I have done business with for 10 years..they say 1500 or less...not sure what the dealer will do but for sure I need to lube up the the ole exit hole.--any good estimates on dealer charge.?..one thing they can and will do it timely- not so sure about my neighborhood shop.-----and what else? pressure plate throwout bearing clutch disk?? the rest labor??--- thanks all

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you order a clutch kit, it will come with pressure plate and throwout bearing as well. As for labor costs it depends on the cost of the shops around you.

A dealer will charge you $$$$... $1500 is reasonable for them. Other shops I would say somewhere in the $700-1000 range. Honestly your best bet is to call around various shops in your area, ask what their labor rate is, and ask for an estimate on a clutch replacement for your car. Unfortuantely the subframe is in the way, so they'll to lower it first which may add a little time to the labor costs.