Goal to building a circuit track eh2

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
Thanks man, and yeah I'm pretty sure that I don't want awd atm, maybe in future?

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
What's the power decision D, B, H, K, H-B? If its gonna be a circut track, road race car then the H would be out in my mind..

Sent from my boujea ass phone

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
Pretty sure it will be both and yes it's gonna be H since its H ready shell.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
I seen the H motor in earlier posts, how do you think the added weight will be for understeer on a course? I heard they have a s**t load of torque steer also.. never driven one so i cant say just what comes to mind. Nice bubble wish i had pics of when i built mine..

Sent from my boujea ass phone

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
To be quite honest I have no idea, I heard a lot of people running Bseries over H series but I wanted to be something different and I can make it work. If not then drag eg hatch? haha

I've never drove one either but I've ridden in a lot of times, It's really nice mainly straight lines and my friend haven't really do any corners to see how it feel so Idk and I'm in for surprise lol.

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
now I think I have an issues w the smoked headlight. I think they send out 4drs instead coupe/hatch because the corner light stickin out of fender. When I put oem back in and it fit nicely....so I emailed the seller to see if they did sent out the right one or not... smh

OEM

Smoked 1 pc

Deaf_Dougie

Respected

Yes I'm aware the clear coat isn't great but hey it isn't for "carshow" so I could really careless about that, Overall it looks much better than how it used to be.

Redlina

Respected
As someone who has raced an EG hatch for 15years with great success and who's done heaps of different swaps into them for fellow racers, forgive me for saying you seem to have a strange priority on your work and spending. Normally smokey tail lights and painting rocker covers & the like are last on the list (if at all), and things like stripping the shell, seam welding & strengthening where necessary, and fitting a rollcage normally the first jobs to be done. The danger is you get time & cash poor before having done the serious stuff essential to getting you on the track. Not being critical - just afraid you'll put a lotta time & $ in, only to not reach your goal. My WJP004 You Tube channel has more how to step by step build Honda race car properly edited videos on it than any other in the world. If you check my "Library" lists you'll find series on putting an H22A into an Integra ( same engine bay exactly as yours), varios other swaps, and my DIY J30 fit into my own toy. Those videos include suspension setup advice, where to strengthen the car, etc, all with a do it as cheap but effectively as you can basis. If you can get over my first comments you will find a wealth of info there. See I am really trying to be helpful here. I had a large hand in buying & building all of the cars below, several with swaps, and these guys & myself went on to win club, district and state championships in them, including both on the dirt & the blacktop. If you need any advice I'm happy to assist.

Attachments