Gold Flakes in black paint?

civicchic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If I was to put a gold dust in black paint on a 95 ex would it look right?

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
flakes never look right if u ask me. unless u drive like a lifted 92 crown vic. with 22 inch gold spokes.....heh heh heh ;).

civicchic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lmao thats funny, my friend has been trying to talk me into it for about a week now.

The Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It can look really good if you ask me. But it's easy to over do it. If you can, take a look at someones Civic or Prelude with stock Flamenco Black Pearl paint when it's clean. There's actually quite a bit of blue metallic flake in it & a little bit of red as well. I know the 96-00 LX and higher trim model Civics have this color available. Not to overboard but still adds that little sparkle.

Ken

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well when my car is clean you can see gold flakes on it (my car is black) during the day...and if you look up closely at night or somethin you can see em...i think it looks sick as f**k

98CivicLX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My stock green dark civic has silver flakes in it looks pretty sick imo

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeh the stock green paint is REAL metallic. i like it. i shoulda got the green one damnit!

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but yurs in an lx.....HHAA HHAA HHAA HHAA HHAA! and it's a year older than MINE! lol j/p

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "The Civic"

It can look really good if you ask me. But it's easy to over do it. If you can, take a look at someones Civic or Prelude with stock Flamenco Black Pearl paint when it's clean. There's actually quite a bit of blue metallic flake in it & a little bit of red as well. I know the 96-00 LX and higher trim model Civics have this color available. Not to overboard but still adds that little sparkle.

Ken
yeah now that i think about it...my car does sparkle during the day...2000 LX