Good Deal?

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
#1
Don't really need seat's but I'ma get them. Plus they come with Sparco harness >` what you guy's think?
 

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#2
Worthless.

The seats aren't certified for race, the harnesses are probably expired, and unless you're going to put in a roll bar and a harness bar, then it goes without saying you're toast in an accident.
 


$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#4
i'd snag those in a heartbeat for $250
 


JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
#6
The seats aren't certified for race, the harnesses are probably expired, and unless you're going to put in a roll bar and a harness bar, then it goes without saying you're toast in an accident.

Lol first of all I have a SOHC not a race car.Second the Sparco harness are going in my Rx along with my Sparco seats.Third we all have to fo sometime.Fourth I think it's a good deal ;) O and after I get these my GSR Leather seats will be up for sale.
 

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#7
I don't think you get it.....

Those seats aren't certified for anything. They're probably far less safe than your stock seats. Does your RX7 have a roll bar and a harness bar or a cage? Because if so, you run into the same safety issues. I mean, if you'd like to ride around with piss-poor quality safety equipment, be my guest, but don't expect anyone to feel bad when your spine gets compressed because someone rear ends you.
 
#8
Eran said:
I don't think you get it.....

Those seats aren't certified for anything. They're probably far less safe than your stock seats. Does your RX7 have a roll bar and a harness bar or a cage? Because if so, you run into the same safety issues. I mean, if you'd like to ride around with piss-poor quality safety equipment, be my guest, but don't expect anyone to feel bad when your spine gets compressed because someone rear ends you.
werd, running 4 or 5pt harnesses without a rollbar/harness bar is one of the stupidest thing you can do.
 

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#9
Eran said:
I don't think you get it.....

Those seats aren't certified for anything. They're probably far less safe than your stock seats. Does your RX7 have a roll bar and a harness bar or a cage? Because if so, you run into the same safety issues. I mean, if you'd like to ride around with piss-poor quality safety equipment, be my guest, but don't expect anyone to feel bad when your spine gets compressed because someone rear ends you.
if he was TRULY worried about saftey... he wouldnt have bought a honda civic....

he drives a soda can with wheels
 

\\ Forgiven //

New Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
#10
$lick Rick said:
if he was TRULY worried about saftey... he wouldnt have bought a honda civic....

he drives a soda can with wheels
What would he have bought then? Smaller cars are much better designed than big SUVs and trucks as they actually have to pass certain tests,also you can manuever more easily around obstacles instead of hitting them head on and hoping there is enough solid metal to protect you. Not to mention Honda has had some of the best SRS systems for quite some time now.
 

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#11
\\ Forgiven // said:
What would he have bought then? Smaller cars are much better designed than big SUVs and trucks as they actually have to pass certain tests,also you can manuever more easily around obstacles instead of hitting them head on and hoping there is enough solid metal to protect you. Not to mention Honda has had some of the best SRS systems for quite some time now.
give a tin can a great srs system and good handling... and it'll still be crushed like a tin can if anything larger comes in contact with it


you take your civic, and i'll take an suv... we'll play chicken and see who's walking away and who's parents are arranging their funeral :lol:

if safety is your primary concern... then a civic is not your car of choice
 

\\ Forgiven //

New Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
#12
my whole point is, I wouldnt hit you head on because my car can outmanuever yours. Whereas you try to make a sharp turn and roll your suv. Maybe there are better safety choices than a civic, but I certainly wouldnt choose an SUV... no crumple zones,virtually no safety regulations, just a body on the frame of a pickup truck. Plus the weight means you wont be slowing down very quickly.
 

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
#13
Look man no disrespect but I could careless about my safety equipment in my civic like it was stated before with safety equipment or not my civic will still get crushed like a tin can.I'm just looking for a more comfortable seat that's all.Well I went and looked at tha seat's today and their like brand new I could buy them and sell tha seat's for alil more money
 

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#14
uh.. back on topic

I would pick them up
 

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#16
\\ Forgiven // said:
my whole point is, I wouldnt hit you head on because my car can outmanuever yours.
that's similar to what that football player said before he got plowed by oncomming traffic on his motorcycle :lol:

accidents are called accidents because they werent expected to happen... otherwise they'd be called "on purposes"
and civics get in just as many accidents as the next car.


but back on topic, good thing you're picking up those seats... otherwise i would have to buy them out from under you
 




VigLink badge