Got Backed into :/

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Careful with the whole taking "insurance money quotes" and then going somewhere else and spending the money on yourself. I recommend getting the most you can out of the blood-suckers. just be careful about bragging about it to people. It still is essentially "insurance fraud"

When my system got stolen out of my car, I was able to get insurance money for it. They asked me if they were loose in the car, and I answered "they were installed". They wondered what that meant, im like "installed, they were professionally installed and werent going anywhere" so they told me to get fair-market value. I went online and found the most expensive website for purchasing my subs and amp, and they ended up paying me almost 2x what I originally paid for the setup. But in the end I never put the system back in my car, Not worth getting the s**t jacked again, or dealing with broken-locks on my car.

Wish you the best of luck... heh.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
postal21 said:
Careful with the whole taking "insurance money quotes" and then going somewhere else and spending the money on yourself. I recommend getting the most you can out of the blood-suckers. just be careful about bragging about it to people. It still is essentially "insurance fraud"

When my system got stolen out of my car, I was able to get insurance money for it. They asked me if they were loose in the car, and I answered "they were installed". They wondered what that meant, im like "installed, they were professionally installed and werent going anywhere" so they told me to get fair-market value. I went online and found the most expensive website for purchasing my subs and amp, and they ended up paying me almost 2x what I originally paid for the setup. But in the end I never put the system back in my car, Not worth getting the s**t jacked again, or dealing with broken-locks on my car.

Wish you the best of luck... heh.
Actually, it's not. You're allowed any quote you want, and you're allowed to fix it at any shop or in any way you want. Just because you get a quote does not mean you have to get it repaired there, or at all.

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eran said:
Actually, it's not. You're allowed any quote you want, and you're allowed to fix it at any shop or in any way you want. Just because you get a quote does not mean you have to get it repaired there, or at all.
:werd:

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Still makes me cringe everytime that I look at those pics

nitebeest

5+ Year Member
IMO get the money from her and spend is as you will. And just fix the fender somewhere along the way.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Eran said:
Yeah ive heard that too, but ive also heard of insurance companies checking up on people to make sure they got thier s**t fixed after the settlement. It doesnt happen often, but it still does happen. Oh, and you're not really allowed any quote you want.. usually what happens is they get you to go out and get quotes, and after they take a look at it, the adjuster "adjusts" the price to one they feel is reasonable and they pay out. Atleast that's what happened when i totalled my Sentra SE-R..

and yeah it is kinda fraud.. if it wasnt, it wouldnt be so hush-hush.. put it this way, if you wouldnt tell your agent about it, then chances are its a little crooked.....

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
3DScott said:
You should also say like my neck hurts or something. lol
Horrible idea unless it's true, I'm sorry but i can't stand it when people do this (I work for an insurance corporation, and my dad owns a brokerage agency). You have to have some honor...even if my car(while it is a POS civic, but i still love it) got hit like that...I'm not gonna fake an injury just to get some extra cash

Sodee said:
and yeah it is kinda fraud.. if it wasnt, it wouldnt be so hush-hush.. put it this way, if you wouldnt tell your agent about it, then chances are its a little crooked.....
Not under VA law. You can be quoted at one shop and go to another. Legal as pie..er...somethin