Greddy EVO vs. Apexi N1 exhaust???

honda209

CCSC # 8
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn i just love the looks of that apexi gt-spec! im gettin an apexi-n1 though, my brothers in law integra ls has one, it sounds beautiful to me, deep tone at low rpm n when u gun it sounds even better.

Nixon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was just saying i dont think it sounds like anything special becuase everyone was talkin about how they sounded.

bloodyadobokid

Rock and Roll Friendly
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My friend has the Tanabe Racing Medalion exhaust system. He said that exhaust system is probably the best in terms of high end power and loud noise. I also checked out the different exhaust systems on carreview.com and it seems Tanabe is #1. But people have different opinions and feelings. So yeah...

VTECSOHC02

On The Raod To Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got the Tanabe SRM and love it. Great performance, styling and sound. I would highly recommend it.

Reallynicecivic

Trance = Reallynicecivic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nixon said:
i was just saying i dont think it sounds like anything special becuase everyone was talkin about how they sounded.
i personally think the greddy sounds kinda pussy for a exhaust system.
You also said my exhaust system sounds kinda pussy as well. Just because my exhaust system isn't as loud as what you would like it to be doesn't mean its no good. So I suggest you stop lying to not only people on here , but yourself... Cause eventually you'll get called out.

munky

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1. Which one of the two produce more HP and Torque, or are they about equal?

The Apex N1 produces more, I believe.

2. Which one of the two do you prefer and why?

I prefer the N1 b/c it's a little lower in tone throughout the RPM range.. and it's also a little louder. I love my n1.
My friend has the GReddy Evo 2 on his EJ, and it's nice too. It's still hearable.. but not over the n1. It looks great as well. But it usually costs a little more.

Nixon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cry me a river, and how am i lying? oh yep.....i guess you called me out, damn your good

Nixon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh and i never said that "it wasnt any good" i was talking about how it sounded so i suggest you read more carefully.

MyztikRacing

Team Elite Koncepz
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a GReddy Evo cat-back and it sounds really nice if ya got intake, headers, hi flow cat

N/A_SI

CCCC #111
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HEY www.tprmag.com performed a dyno test on alot of different exhaust systems the EVO and N1 had the best results out of all. they also show db ratings as well

N/A_SI

CCCC #111
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i guess they dont have the db rating on there, sorry i thought they did. i just checked again.

Nixon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh yeah i mean im not bashin anyone and being like "oh thats horrible blah blah" i was just simply saying that i didnt like the sound of it since somone was askin about it, i might not have said it in the nicest way possible but the guy above is like having a nervous break-down on me.

silverb18c1

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got the N1 and it is great. If you got the right mods makes your car scare mustangs off the road..lol just playing... My friend has the EVO and he's wanting the N1 now. all up to you though if you want more power then the N1, if you want to be subtle the EVO. If you wanna make everyone jealous get the HKS hiper, and good luck finding a catback at a reasonable price...

VTECSOHC02

On The Raod To Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the Evo also but had a buddy but it on his 02 civic with Eibach spring and it scraped due to the large canister size. That why I bought/suggest the Tanabe Super Racing Medalion.

munky

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i hate the tanabe super racing medalion exhaust.. it's so high pitched and raspy x.x

Reallynicecivic

Trance = Reallynicecivic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nixon said:
oh yeah i mean im not bashin anyone and being like "oh thats horrible blah blah" i was just simply saying that i didnt like the sound of it since somone was askin about it, i might not have said it in the nicest way possible but the guy above is like having a nervous break-down on me.
Umm.. yea. Sure you weren't trying to downplay my exhaust system. Uh huh. Well anyways... regardless of the fact that you might have not said something nice about it shouldn't give you the right to bash on anyones s**t. But if your gonna talk s**t , you gonna recieve it right back. So don't blam me for stating my opinion. You posted first and I took what you said as a insult weather you meant for it to be or not. So... I guess I'm gonna go and have my nervous breakdown now. Hopefully I'll get to hear what other BS you have to throw out on the thread soon enough.

JayVee

What's Going On?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I'd go for the N1, that's what I have on my ride I like the sound and performance of it. and I believe power N1 is a little better than the Greddy Evo.