Greddy EVO vs. Apexi N1 exhaust???

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "BlueSi2000"

HKS is the way to goo great sound from low rpm to high rpms...when u hit vtec oh man u have to change ur pants... :thumbs up:
:lol:

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SickCivic--yea they're about the same price.

Thanks for all the responses!!! :thumbs up:

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k... i went to the fifth gear in orlando today, and asked about exhaust. this guy pulls a tsudo n-1 extreme outa the back, which is the replica of the a'pexi n-1. this catback was $256, and they also had the fireball extreme which is a mock up of the 5zigen fireball. i've looked these catbacks up on the net and they go for bout the same price.. round 300 online. this is pretty cheap for a full catback, so i was just wondering if anyone's ever heard of this brand and what their thoughts on it are.

thanx for any info

Reallynicecivic

Trance = Reallynicecivic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got a Greddy Evo II. I love it. It's not that loud but really deep compared to many exhaust systems out there and it doesn't exceed 95 dB's so it's loud enough for me where I can tolerate it, but doesn't affect and noice ordinances anywhere I go. Plus it's made for ground clearence and it is full stainless steel threwout. I have a pic of it in my thread with my pic in it.

link --> http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=14906

stoleit

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
depends on ur car, friend of mine has n1 on his prelude and it is the most horrid sound ever...i want to kill myself everytime i hear the car...so n1 on a prelude is a no no!

matts2ksi

save water...drink beer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've got an N1 waiting to be put on my Si, but have heard it before...and it's nice because it sounds stock on lower RPM's but when the VTEC kicks in, you really get to hear the power vibrate your ass =)

CivicSI13

MD
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hell yeah The N1 is great i like it for that stock sound till you give it gas. My friend has the same car as me and has the Greddy E and its really loud, and i think the N1 looks better.

CCCC #101

leon

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My N1 is on order.. so I'll have real input near the end of the week hopefully.

-Leon

MilwCivicSi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the Greddy Evo for my 99 civic si, i like this exhaust because of it's deep throaty sound. It also fits nicely into the rear bumper doesn't stick out and look bad like some other exhausts do. It's basically personnal preference considering they both are good products. I have heard apexi exhaust on other cars and in my opinion they sound a bit obnoxious but whatever you prefer is the way to go.

bloodyadobokid

Rock and Roll Friendly
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What about DC Sports' line of exhaust systems? Are they worth the money? Also, I heard Greddy exhaust don't pack that much HP into your car. Is that true?

Reallynicecivic

Trance = Reallynicecivic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bloodyadobokid said:
What about DC Sports' line of exhaust systems? Are they worth the money? Also, I heard Greddy exhaust don't pack that much HP into your car. Is that true?
Child_racer kinda awnsered this question in another thread. His reply was something along the lines of " iffy ". Meaning the exhaust systems that DC Sports put out are more than likely decent. However... for the amount of power gains , quality , and cost overall.. You could probably find a better one for retail price easily. Yea.. Thats true. Greddy exhaust systems don't pack that much HP but what exhaust system without a turbo application does? None.. So I mean.. Yea. Anything upgraded from stock is gonna give you power regardless. Just upgrading your exhaust system no matter what brand you get is not going to create a incredible amount of HP.

I choose mine cause of the following reasons. Decent amount of HP added , ground clearence , sound ordinance restriction , and quality.

Nixon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my firend just bought the greddy evo II on his lancer and i dont think its loud at all, his injen intake is louder then the friggin exhaust system

Nixon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i personally think the greddy sounds kinda pussy for a exhaust system

SiGuy

CCHB Member #67
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
7thgencivic said:
Oh man A'PEXi is very trustworthy. I just prefer Greddy. A'PEXi makes great products, especially with suspension set ups. Either way you can't wrong.
i got one on my si hatch, i LOVE IT!

my friend has an n1, it hangs crazy low, looks amazing though, but it scrapes on ANYthingand everything, and his car isnt een lowered... i think its acutally kinda hnaing even lower now form behing hit of the ground, kinda knocked it outta place...lol

Reallynicecivic

Trance = Reallynicecivic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nixon said:
my firend just bought the greddy evo II on his lancer and i dont think its loud at all, his injen intake is louder then the friggin exhaust system
It's not supposed to be loud genius. It was made not to exceed 95 dB's. So what's wrong with a intake system being louder than a exhaust system. My sound system is louder than my exhaust. So? :what:

Reallynicecivic

Trance = Reallynicecivic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nixon said:
i personally think the greddy sounds kinda pussy for a exhaust system
So since I have one... What kind of point are you trying to make? What's it supposed to sound like? You every time you take a dump? :what:

big_dan

the hippy tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like the the greddy evo bc of two reasons:

1. i really like the deep sound and its not too loud

2. it looks more stock than the fireball style muffler and that goes w/ the whole sleeper look

PANGES

Tree > Skyline 240sx :(
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
greddy evo, I had one on my integra gsr and loved it... i think it looks better than the n1... on the other hand, for my 240sx, i'm going to get an Apexi Gt-Spec... anyone have or hear one? i'd like feedback on jus the sound of it, i'm sure it works fine