GReddy Turbo Kits for 6th Generation Civics

civickidd99

not fast, but it's paid 4
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There is a big write up of the Edelbrock kit in a back issue of Import Tuner(I think?). It's supposed to be pretty hott and sell for 3,000+/-.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by destro7
whats n20? :???:
N20 = Nitrious Oxide...or commonly known as NOS

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Carlip
How far is he in doing the Full Race kit?

Has he finished it yet!?! or given up!?
he is not given up at all....not even close to bneing done of the inital installation!!! the full race is just the basics.....the electronics and wiring is the hard part!! stay posted n that s**t..or il keep you posted.

baby99si

N/A project has begun....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The edelbrock 176 hp is on a single over head cam motor the ex motor cant compare that to a si motor.

Quad-Damage

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
D16's can take 10 psi dayily driver with the right tuning

The 96-00 Greddy Kits come with a 19T turbo good up to 300whp
The 92-95 Greddy Kits came with a 15G turbo and are good up to 250whp

both are very small turbos and spoll fast and make ok hp for the car, i would rather swap in a doch then boost it and smoke everyone but thats me

baby99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree thats why im boostin my si within the month with the greddy turbo kit.

99cleanCIVICex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sh*t thats why i am so f*cking confused turbo my d16(almost 65,000) or swap a DOHC.....
what to do what to do................

baby99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Swap it but not with a b16 like everyone else if i were you and planned on boosting it get a GSR then boost.

RiceGirl

Luv my labbie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rev Hard STAGE 3 HYPO Kit 8)

Rev Hard STAGE 3 HYPO Kit
Hybrid Civic w/LS VTEC
647.8 wh / 450 ft/lbs ( tuned to 29 PSI)
Stage: 3 HYPO Kit
Use: Track
Boost Level: 15+psi
Injector Size: 990cc (Low Impendence)
Horsepower/Torque: 550+ / 395 ft/lbs
Rev Hard has been on the leading edge of high quality and high performance turbocharger kits for Civics, CRXs, Integras, VTECs, and Hybrids since 1992. Narrowing down the scope of their research and development to these selected cars, allows Rev Hard to design the best high performance turbo kit for your dollar. For whatever degree you wish to push your Honda or Acura, Rev Hard has a turbo kit for you.
This kit is very common to many low 9-sec Hondas.
Click Here

98silvercivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like the greddy turbo kit its very nice and you can fully upgrade it for more power

xlid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go for the edelbrock kit. a swap is only going to get you 140hp and a turbo 180hp thats a 40 hp difference and not counting the torque. i just rather blow off next to someone than have the dohc vtec sound. getting a swap and turbo is going to take a lot of money, and if you blow the motor for any reasons be ready to spend a grand for a dohc, instead you only pay $400 for a sohc. It just depends on you and depends on how much money you want to spend. I rather spend 3-4k and have a bad ass turbo system with my d series. Trust me with 200hp at the wheels and the torque of the turbo you are going to spank a lot of people in the street. Thats just my opinion.

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
xlid is correct, its cheaper to do the sohc. My buddy has a built sohc with a nice turbo set up. Its pretty fast and its the greddy kit. If he blows the sohc he'll just throw in another one. I plan on doing the same thing, but I'm gonna do the homemade turbo with one off the turbo probe. I just need the bov, manifold, and fuel manigment.

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, I'm working on the same thing for my 5th gen D16Z6. Greddy turbo kit and Greddy intercooler kit. Turbo D's are the way to go

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
baby99si said:
Swap it but not with a b16 like everyone else if i were you and planned on boosting it get a GSR then boost.
that's what we'd all love to do, but the only problem is that we all can't afford to boost a B16 or B18, I can afford to boost my d

baby99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
xlid said:
Go for the edelbrock kit. a swap is only going to get you 140hp and a turbo 180hp thats a 40 hp difference and not counting the torque. i just rather blow off next to someone than have the dohc vtec sound. getting a swap and turbo is going to take a lot of money, and if you blow the motor for any reasons be ready to spend a grand for a dohc, instead you only pay $400 for a sohc. It just depends on you and depends on how much money you want to spend. I rather spend 3-4k and have a bad ass turbo system with my d series. Trust me with 200hp at the wheels and the torque of the turbo you are going to spank a lot of people in the street. Thats just my opinion.
You may like to pull aside someone and let them hear your bov, but you would be pissed if the dohc vtec N/A walked away from you after you showed off your turbo. Put your own kit together get some reall power out of that D. Good luck man.

baby99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SpenceyVTEC said:
that's what we'd all love to do, but the only problem is that we all can't afford to boost a B16 or B18, I can afford to boost my d
for the 4g's you said before that you would spend on your D yo ucan get a b16 installed with everything and then save a little and turbo that. Turbod B or Turbod D your pick.