gsr compatibility?

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by Platinumcloud, Oct 18, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Platinumcloud

Platinumcloud New Member

So i finally got my hands on a GSR block =). but all i got was the block itself the crank and oil pump. i also got the girldle. i plan on doing this motor right, taking my time and building a monster. But im missing certain odds and ends....like stupid odds and ends :cry:! is there another motor that uses the same (or faiirly similar) odds ands ends as the gsr? like oil filter threads, misc bolts, nuts sensors, ect? i know there will be differences in the head and the internals, but what motor could i find that i would have the best luck stripping for my odds and ends?

2. Shaaaft

Shaaaft FNG Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Since your from Butler you can't be far from Mt. Pleasant. I seen a blown integra GSR on craigslist last week, I would try to find it but I'm not home. He was parting it out and still had basically everything engine wise.

3. Platinumcloud

Platinumcloud New Member

ive been looking i didnt see that one...i got it off a kid in monroville. it came with 3 pistons girdle and the crank, plus the block, may have been the same one its been on there for some time