gsr trans?

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by d-proff, Nov 27, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. d-proff

d-proff New Member 5+ Year Member

I just wanna make sure I hve the gsr trans with my swap it says s80 on a sticker on it but I've read that multiple b series trans have that code but they vary. Will the vin number tell me if so which digits will refer to the trans. If it helps at 70mph with my 17 in rims I'm right at 3500 rpm I just want to be sure I dnt have an ls tranny

2. Civic Virtue

Civic Virtue New Member

There may be a "P72" stamp on the transmission if I recall correctly...or maybe that's just the engine and ECU to distinguish a GSR from the other S80 transmissions. I'm not positive though, maybe someone knowledgeable on the subject will chime in?

3. civicspencer

civicspencer New Member Registered VIP

That sounds about right, I rode about at the same rpm with my gsr trans,
    The gears will be really short and real close together.

4. d-proff

If I shift at 8200 1st to 2nd 5500 rpm 2nd to 3rd 6000rpm 3rd to 4th around 6300-6500 does that sound about right I just wanna make sure I dnt hav an ls trans and be robbed of acceleration if so ill buy a gsr trans

5. Blood_Shot

Blood_Shot Banned Registered VIP

should be a vin number on it dude

6. 12.8:1 Ls/vtec

12.8:1 Ls/vtec IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

The older ones and jdm ones don't have vin tags. There is NO way to tell them apart unless you take the housing apart, which btw is easy. The 4.4 final drive should have 66 teeth if I remember correctly and the 4.26 should have 64.

7. Blood_Shot

Blood_Shot Banned Registered VIP

yeah, if its an older s80 it wont have a tag. Some of the jdm ones dont have them either, or maybe even all newer jdm s80s dont have vin tags

8. d-proff

It has a vin plate which digit will tell me the transmission

9. civicspencer

civicspencer New Member Registered VIP

10. 12.8:1 Ls/vtec

12.8:1 Ls/vtec IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member