gsr trans?

d-proff

5+ Year Member
I just wanna make sure I hve the gsr trans with my swap it says s80 on a sticker on it but I've read that multiple b series trans have that code but they vary. Will the vin number tell me if so which digits will refer to the trans. If it helps at 70mph with my 17 in rims I'm right at 3500 rpm I just want to be sure I dnt have an ls tranny

Civic Virtue

There may be a "P72" stamp on the transmission if I recall correctly...or maybe that's just the engine and ECU to distinguish a GSR from the other S80 transmissions. I'm not positive though, maybe someone knowledgeable on the subject will chime in?

civicspencer

Registered VIP
That sounds about right, I rode about at the same rpm with my gsr trans,
The gears will be really short and real close together.

d-proff

5+ Year Member
If I shift at 8200 1st to 2nd 5500 rpm 2nd to 3rd 6000rpm 3rd to 4th around 6300-6500 does that sound about right I just wanna make sure I dnt hav an ls trans and be robbed of acceleration if so ill buy a gsr trans

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The older ones and jdm ones don't have vin tags. There is NO way to tell them apart unless you take the housing apart, which btw is easy. The 4.4 final drive should have 66 teeth if I remember correctly and the 4.26 should have 64.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
yeah, if its an older s80 it wont have a tag. Some of the jdm ones dont have them either, or maybe even all newer jdm s80s dont have vin tags