Guesstimate on how much i could get for this?

Reedy17

Ive got a 99 Civic EX with a 1.6L.. but.. the motor is blown, just curious how much anyone things something like this would sell for, blue booked for 3000-3400 ish the car is in flawless condition and everything worked before it lost a rod, AC, all electronics, car is bone stock down to the stereo.. has 159k on the body and not a spec of rust on it anywhere, literally the only thing it needs is an engine, brakes tires everything are in great shape.. i just have no idea how to price something like this, and dont have the tools, time, or care to fix it anymore (been sitting 6 months now)

any info would help

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I personally would only pay 500-1000. No matter what shape its in, if it doesn't run then its just a paperweight IMO.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
I would try 2000 if your really lucky more reasonable is 1500 to 1000. Its still an old car that there are numerous amount of. If you decide to part it out let me know.

Trekk

Registered VIP
The only real problem with it is its the green that Honda must of made a billion of. Green is always a really hard color to sell. I don't think asking 2k is very unfair but I think 1500 is more realistic.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Id list it @ $2500 obo. Dont go into too much detail about the motor other than to say it doesnt run. Thats it. Then let someone low ball you to 1500-2000 and you still win. Or get lucky with a full price offer! In situations like this, less is more.

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would list at $2500 with its body condition. Someone will lowball you around $2000 im sure. Just keep quiet about it being a rod and just say idk it just doesnt run anymore. Just play dumb.

Reedy17

I would list at $2500 with its body condition. Someone will lowball you around $2000 im sure. Just keep quiet about it being a rod and just say idk it just doesnt run anymore. Just play dumb.
Only problem with being quiet is the giant hole in the front of the block that is clearly visible to anyone who cares to fix it lol

And I'm trying to refrain from parting it out as it is such a clean car I don't want to see it stripped and picked apart, but what happens to it out of my hands it up to whoever buys it I suppose

I guess I will shoot for 2000-2500 and hope I can get anything above 1500 that's a little more than I expected out of it anyways (expected to lose my ass on it, bought it for 3500 last year and it lasted 29 days and blew up)

emerican

Registered VIP
i would agree with everyone else list it for 2500 and hope to get 1500 or 2k out of it
personally i wouldnt give more than a grand for it but thats just me you can probably get someone to give you 1500 though

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
I guess you can't get Ebay in Michigan either.

People are right on the price, but these are people thinking hmm good shell or swap ready. When you post it for sale you're going to get a lot less. Not only that you're going to get a lot of low ball offers. Specially if engines are the price you say. If it books for 3-3.5 k why would someone buy it and put money into it just for it to be worth book value? They'd just buy one running.

Not trying to be a d**k, but you're not getting over a grand. Maybe 1500 if youre real lucky.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

People are right on the price, but these are people thinking hmm good shell or swap ready. When you post it for sale you're going to get a lot less. Not only that you're going to get a lot of low ball offers. Specially if engines are the price you say. If it books for 3-3.5 k why would someone buy it and put money into it just for it to be worth book value? They'd just buy one running.

Not trying to be a d**k, but you're not getting over a grand. Maybe 1500 if youre real lucky.

This is the straight up truth!

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^id give $1500 for it if i needed a shell, hell being up north here in mn, or for him michigan, i might come close to 2g's if it is as good as it looks.

emerican

Registered VIP
only warning this stops now
if you dont have a comment about what you think its worth in a civil way then do not post

086head

Registered VIP

This is the straight up truth!
^^^X2 if your were cloaer i would make a trade to get you back on the road but unfortunately your in michigan...
Personaly 1,200$ at max