Gutted+Cops = ???

ZeroMech63

So do u guys with gutted cars get ur balls busted more (IF u ever get pulled over) and the cop sees that ur cars gutted? Cuz i waz thinkin about guttin my hatch once i get a 2nd car and n making the hatch more of a weekend special/strip kinda thing but if i get stopped i dont want the cop thinking all kinds of RANDOM thoughts about me illegaly street racing for money and all kinds of nonsence n just raped me with tickets for any little thing he can find. BTW i have no tints n nvr want any

If u have any input or experiences wit a gutted car n getting stopped please share wether it be negative or positive. Thx

CodeName_EJ6

ASE Certified Mechanic
So do u guys with gutted cars get ur balls busted more (IF u ever get pulled over) and the cop sees that ur cars gutted? Cuz i waz thinkin about guttin my hatch once i get a 2nd car and n making the hatch more of a weekend special/strip kinda thing but if i get stopped i dont want the cop thinking all kinds of RANDOM thoughts about me illegaly street racing for money and all kinds of nonsence n just raped me with tickets for any little thing he can find. BTW i have no tints n nvr want any

If u have any input or experiences wit a gutted car n getting stopped please share wether it be negative or positive. Thx
Out here NY u get away with it

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It shouldn't matter and i doubt they would even say anything about it.

DoubleJ

I had my whole interior out doing a little freshening up and got pulled over for no front LP (required in Texas). Dash and driver seat only. He said nothing about it. I'd go for it!

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it's not illegal in any way to not have an interior. If they write you any ticket pertaining to it being "unsafe" fight it, and you will win. They can't assume you did anything illegal and can't write you tickets.

I drove around without an interior the day I welded in my roll cage (to listen for rattles and see if anything shifted) got stopped and nothing was said other than "your driver side tail light is out"

ZeroMech63

Cool beans.Sounds like as soon as i get my 2nd beater(this one wit a/c and p/s hopefully) my hatch will b goin on a diet! Any responds from anyone on the southeast side? Georgia or Florida?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if anything they should thank you..leaves less things for them to search incase they are searching the car for drugs and weapons =)

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Umm just drive like a normal person and they wont have any reason to pull you over in the first place!:drive::nono:

Ferio Vi-RS

I Heart BoA!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i rolled around with no interior with a full cage and never had any issues...

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
never ever had a problem in New Brunswick!

go for it

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I never had an issue. The most I ever got was dumb questions like, "what happened to your other seats?" As if they couldn't just be taken out.

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go for it. I know a couple of people who drive gutted cars and they never get bothered for it.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No issues here.

ZeroMech63

if anything they should thank you..leaves less things for them to search incase they are searching the car for drugs and weapons =)
Haha tru dat! No K9s needed lolz

Umm just drive like a normal person and they wont have any reason to pull you over in the first place!:drive::nono:
I try and 90% of the time i do drive "normal" but theres that 10% that boost calls my name and the bad side of me wins :twisted::drive:

EG-CX

they cant say anything becasue if anyting you are doing them a favor i have been pulled over a few times and had only dash, front seats, and center consol. the only thing that will happen is you get asked what will prolly be the dumbest question you will ever hear. i laughed so hard when the cop asked me bout mine. i laughed and simply said "dude why does it matter to you? hell i am doing you the biggest favor in the world." then he simply said have a nice day.

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
in florida i hear basically anything goes .. florida you should be fine with a gutted interior .. just as long as you still have the factory placement of airbags you should be fine

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
As long as you have seat belts on your driver side then your good.

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I live in GA as well. I see people with stripped interiors all the time. You shouldn't have a problem.

emerican

Registered VIP
Ga dosent care i have been with two friends of mine that have gotten pulled over for other traffic things. Both cars gutted from front seats back sound deadning and everything they didnt care.