gutted interior??

stolle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im thinking of gutting my interior im wandering who else has done it and do you have any pics im most likley getting a new car soon and as soon as i do the crx is gonna be a "fun" only car but im thinking of doing it soon cause i dont have nething else to do...

Last edited by a moderator:

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my crx is gutted.. I have no pics, but Ill get some soon.. nothing in the hatch area.. and no carpet.. no ac controls.. soon to be no heating components in the dash.. most of the inside has been sprayed flat black.. as the whole car will be flat black in months to come..

stolle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thank you sir

compakt

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my sedan is gutted in the trunk, rear seat and belts removed thats bout it.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
..gutted sedans look funny, but thats cool.. Id do the same thing prolly, haha..

AndaHeart

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stolle said:
im thinking of gutting my interior im wandering who else has done it and do you have any pics im most likley getting a new car soon and as soon as i do the crx is gonna be a "fun" only car but im thinking of doing it soon cause i dont have nething else to do...

just wondering why one might want to gut the interior...

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
AndaHeart said:
just wondering why one might want to gut the interior...
less weight, which can mean a quicker car, not much more, but every bit helps.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you want to loose wight go with fiber glass or carbon fiber, hatch, hood, fenders, and maybe doors, you would loose alot

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I will never gut the interior of my car, being that it all wieghts like 10-20 total, Im sureI got enough torque to make up for the diff. If I was less weight in the car Ill just go on a diet, 10-15lb loss would be good lol

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah i'm gutted, but if it was my daily driver, it wouldn't be....

jokenfu21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stolle said:
did you see my boy's crx that i posted. that one is gutted.

Why49

Dat a big wing round eye!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mine is also completely gutted. When I say gutted, I mean gutted. All that remains is the top part of the dash. No heat, AC, radio, nothing. I'd say the trickyest (< is that a word?) part is getting the door panels off around the seatbelts without cutting the panel. Use a rag or towel to force the clip off your window cranks, it's hard to explain. Make sure you keep everything, use plenty of ziplock baggies and label them. When I am completely done with everything I'm going to put all the crap in trash bags and weigh it on a scale. It's a lot of fun tearing apart a car for some reason, I guess I'm weird. But I plan to own atleast 10 CRX's in the future (like a crazy old lady with cats) and do each one up a different way.

AndaHeart

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jspeczcturbo said:
less weight, which can mean a quicker car, not much more, but every bit helps.

i guess. if im going to have a slow 13 year old honda, it may as well at least have rear seats and door panels. just me though.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
AndaHeart said:
i guess. if im going to have a slow 13 year old honda, it may as well at least have rear seats and door panels. just me though.
no i'm the same this is my first hatch that i haven't ripped the interior out of, and i'm not going to this time, especially since i want the jdm rear seats

bologna

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just for something to compair to, sorta. a guy that i know gutted his 94 coupe. he took it from wahtever the stock weight was down to like 1700 or 1500 lbs. But he wen't as far as to take metal out of the interior. Had the whole dash in less the radio and AC. Still had heat I think. His car had the D15 and he beat a STI on the bottle. But at the track he only pulled mid 15s because the clutch didn't grab till half track. It was cool IMO. Everything from the back of the front seats to the back of my car is comming out... but Im framing it out for the system(trying to make it closer to show then anything to hopefully keep me out of trouble)

PANGES

Tree &gt; Skyline 240sx :(
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just think about it, if you gut your car and lose that 10-20 lbs... for the next week, you can super size and eat whatever the hell you want and it'll compensate for it =)

compakt

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont like hauling people around anyway lol. i just happen to love old school 4doors.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my buddy used to have a completely gutted prelude, no back seats, no carpets, just the drivers seat and sheet metal to cover up the floors so that it would look better.

Jord

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stripping my 89 civic hb

Just bought a 1989 civic dx hb, and the interior was dark brown, did not like it as much so converted my living room into a garage and my patio into a paintshop. The result is a stripped car:

Got pulled over by the cops yesterday, luckily i had just put back my dashboard, now i just got a ticket for my limo tint. 3% sunlight was not enough =)