h22 in a 4th gen

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
how hard is it to put one of these motors in a 4th gen hatch?

i was thinking about getting one so i wanted to make sure its even possible to get one in it.....

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its a lot of work. it barly fits in there you have to bang out the fire wall and frame.\ from what i understand.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what happened to youre turbo projecT?

SilentMist

10 psi seems like a dream
Biggest Waste Of Time bro ,I dont even wanna know why you wanna swap an h22 way to much time and mad modfication needed to the hatch if you gonna do anything mayjor like that man you better of heading to the K Land but then if you dont upgraded all yoru tractions bar have fun getting grip in 3 or 4 th gear

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well my dad was talkin about him putting a h22 that he found for cheap in instead of the zc.....we know its gonna take lots of work......but hell ill just turbo that......

SilentMist

10 psi seems like a dream
Chaos said:
well my dad was talkin about him putting a h22 that he found for cheap in instead of the zc.....we know its gonna take lots of work......but hell ill just turbo that......

For that why not just get Type "R" or Cheap Man "type r" for as much money you gonna spend getting parts to get that in the type r i see in your future dont get outta hand with this bro ,I mean do what you must bro but honestly h22 in a hatch aint that great to much modification and if you blow that biotch and put a couple holes in the block or mess up the head you gotta get another one of those and you aint finding to many blocks or head for cheap around,I am just giving my input no trying ot discourage you at all ,I am glad your trying to go diffrent but you`r hatch will be sitting for a very long Time .

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ehhh i thought it would be fun....then i wanted to boost it....

how much boost/hp can a h22 handle?

trace01m

E thug.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Chaos said:
how hard is it to put one of these motors in a 4th gen hatch?

i was thinking about getting one so i wanted to make sure its even possible to get one in it.....
I am doing the same in a sedan. I think the engine bay is the same. From a guy at Collective Racing here that has done it twice I get that the hardest part of the swap isn't fitment issues, it's the axles. More than likely we don't get to keep A/C, and any forced induction is going to be a full on custom job due to space restraints. It is doable, though/

He says that one he did in a CRX ran 14. Sounds a little slow to me. I'm going for 11.5!!!

trace01m

E thug.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
EF Honda EF said:
y do people always want turbo. Especially h22. and you also need to know what you are doing.
Well that's easy, silly! The supercharger won't fit under the hood!

trace01m

E thug.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
To fit the supercharger on an H22 in the ED engine bay there is serious modification required. From looking at it in a CRX I couldn't see that without some major cutting the SC just wouldn't go! Not saying it can't be done, just that it would be a shitload more work on top of getting the H22 into the car!

EF Honda EF

putting forced air through an engine with at least 11:1 comp ratios is a really bad idea. your just gonna drain your money to get it to work and run and not blow up.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's a k-hybrid in a CRX in one of the monthly rice mags. SCC I think...:what: big hole in the hood for it but impressive nonetheless. :cool:

EH2 GSR 7232

Dee Dee Dee
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my buddy's h22 turbo runs 18 psi but it's also been built... if that helps you any.

jdmL

5+ Year Member
I would go ahead an get the h22 it's a great motor.I had one in my eg and I ran a 13.7 with a chip ecu and intake and a exhaust.Its a great motor

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
in the 4th gen, you will have ,massive under steer.

budget_crx

Honest Officer,That Fast?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
SCC put one in a CRX using hasport mounts, juiced it and it still only ran a 13.5. Its a cool swap, but thats about it. Performance for the money, its not worth it