h22 in a eg 1/4 mile times?

h22delsol

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyone have 1/4 mile time slips for a h22 in a eg or a h22 type s in a eg

97dxhatch

5+ Year Member
I don't have any timeslips, but i would guestimate somewhere in the low 14's.

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know a guy with a h22 in his 95 coupe running high 13's.

richieUK1.5TURBO

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont know if this has any relevance but there is a lad near me who has a teg type R engine in his eg and he beat a lad with a H22 eg
:shock: :shock: :shock:

EG6

Ricky@WhipFactory.com
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A H22a in a EG6, with a good driver, will run mid 13's. The problem with this swap, is that more often then not, it's too much power for such a little car. Expect mad wheelhop.

LSxCiViC

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My cuz has an h22a in a 92 hatch.....turbo and 55 shot of nitrous....he runs consistent low 12's the best he has ever done was i think 11.9?

infinitexsound

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
et's

yah what i already know of is when that swap is done.. its usually running 13's... that motor is too big for the car.. bad thing about putting that motor in is space... something the civic doesnt have, you'd have to beat the firewall back better get some after market engine mounts cause its gonna break sooner or later...that will help in wheel hops also...

93_h22a_civc

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well no one has looked @ this post for one long ass time, but if pplz are still reading it cause they want to do the swap heres the delio. the H22 is a big engine and a pretty expensive swap once u get everything u need. so the break down of it all. ull need a suspention upgrade so the small civic can handle the weight diff from the D serise (in canada) to the H serise u wanna swap into it. then once uve started the swap itself, ur gonna need custom engine mount. i recomment Enjo, the have produced a mount that will be almost a bolt in with no cutting and welding. after u do this i HIGHLY recommend finding someone to make u custom alxes. most pll try the idea of like prelude inner shafts and iteg outer or something like that not to sure what the setup is, but i know they BREAK EASY because the power of the engine compard to the weight of the car. so once uv dun this everything is basic, untill u hit Wiring VTec, probly the most time consuming of the hole swap. i have a site for the hole project http://h22hybrid.20m.com/index.html anyways good luck with this swap, someone said earlyer that u have to bang the firewall back? u dont im pretty sure u have to cut a hole in it tho for the shift linkage, good luck ppl and kik some ass!! but from what ive hear with everything stock but the engine, low 14's to mid 13's low 14's being with a average driver mid 13's being with a good driver!

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yup you said it. You're gonna need to spend some serious dough on axels. I'd recommend nothign less than enjo stage 3s, and you are still likely to be busting them.

One other major problem is the tranny. The h22 has a cable clutch, where as you have a hydro clutch, so you have to more or less bodge the gear box together. Definitly not for amateurs.