H22 to EG wiring harness issue

Travis wylie

Ok everyone I have a question about the wiring portion of my h22a swap into my 95 cx hatch. I need to know how to merge the wire harness coming from my h22a to the driver side shock tower on my eg. The are two different plugs and I dont know what wires are what and where to begin. Does anyone have any ideas?

**Added 1/11/16**
A little more info..the engine is an obd2b euro r h22a and the car is a 95 cx hatch. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you live in houston I'll get you a beer lol

Here is the plugs...

And don't judge the butt connects!! Lol I had a friend work on wiring that side...never again. I did the ecu side already so all thats left is the driver side .

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I tweaked your title to show its about a wiring harness and not a shock tower, which sounds suspension related. this should help you get more useful attention.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thank you hex.
I'm glad to help. I also just moved your additional engine info into your original post to keep it all together & simple for other readers.

Travis wylie

Well I was under the impression that the obd2b euro r had saturated injectors please correct me if im wrong. The guys that had the car before me had the h22a4 and didnt have a resistor box in there.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Well I was under the impression that the obd2b euro r had saturated injectors please correct me if im wrong. The guys that had the car before me had the h22a4 and didnt have a resistor box in there.
he could have swapped the injectors for saturated one the h22a4 came with resistor box i know cause my friend has a prelude sh which came equiped with the h22a4, Euro r is basically the European version of japan h22a type s also. 310cc injector that came on h series are peak and hold they didn't make saturated version of those injectors

you should kept the civic harness it woulda made wiring hell of a breeze to do only need to just extend alternator wires and put resistor box and you was basically done and it would be plug and play

Travis wylie

I know I should've kept the civic harness but it was hacked to hell and back so I'm trying to utilize the accord harness that came with it. The only problem is the driver side harness at this point. The only way ive been getting fuel to the engine was by plugging the battery to the fuel pump. I have no idea why this wont turn over. Could it be the injectors? Can I run the injectors as is?

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
I know I should've kept the civic harness but it was hacked to hell and back so I'm trying to utilize the accord harness that came with it. The only problem is the driver side harness at this point. The only way ive been getting fuel to the engine was by plugging the battery to the fuel pump. I have no idea why this wont turn over. Could it be the injectors? Can I run the injectors as is?
ok that says a lot right there lol. if the motor won't at least turn over the problem is in the starter department but if it just cranks over and over with out doing anything else prober might be ignition and fuel but you seem to kind get the fuel to work in your car. I have power distribution block which splits my battery wire to 6 ports, i have my starter main power to the power block and also make sure you have a ground strap from starter to chassis. if any thing why not just hook up the fuel pump to the battery and put a switch in line people do this for extra security purposes since you have hide the switch. i also have a separate switch to turn my fuel pump on or off

Travis wylie

Yes Diana it'll crank all day long just wont turn over! I just don't get it

And you've been the biggest help!! Sorry I'm such a newb

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
And you've been the biggest help!! Sorry I'm such a newb
aww thx =) F/H are my specialty i always had f22b in my civic, yes its abit of a mes kinda but doesn't matter to me since this is a race car lol there is how i have all my main power hooked up IMG_0207.JPG

and here is my fuel pump switch IMG_0209.JPG

Travis wylie

Dang!! I like the fuel pump switch! Do you think it matters none of those wires i slowed are hooked up? Its moatly gauges right?

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Dang!! I like the fuel pump switch! Do you think it matters none of those wires i slowed are hooked up? Its moatly gauges right?
yea mostly interior equipement if you get wire schematics and find out with wire is what you can easy just wire it directly. and i have accord haynes manual for 94-97 accord

i usually liek to strip the harness down and remove anything that not needed i only keep what needed

Travis wylie

I do have an accord manual but it seems as though most of the colors dont match? Is there a difference from usdm to euro?

I also have an 4th gen lude manual

Attachments

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
not likely but maybe different color wires in that case i would go for the pin its self so you know its the right wire regardless of the wire color yea some of the wire are bit different even on the stock us accord lol my friend had one hes a big accord guy

Travis wylie

So im most likely doing some custom wiring on the driver side? Lol thats fine i wanted everything oem but i see thats not gonna happen because i just want it running so i can turbo it lol

This is what i started with

Attachments

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
This is what i started with
damn what a mess... headaches to clean up and fix lol had to do lot of those some of my friends get wiring done by some other guy and does a hack job lol and i end up always fixing it. yes most likely you might have to re-wire the driver side portion this my block when i had it apart IMG_5013.JPG IMG_5024.JPG IMG_5024.JPG IMG_5035.JPG

Here some pic when i deleted the balance shafts image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

heres another pic 11899876_1605581343036625_517349319964486813_n.jpg

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Damn! You put in some work! It's good to see I'm not the only one that has to deal with nonsense.
yea lot of wire cut up

my head is built too supertech valve train image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I'm surprised no one else has chimed in on this thread... Guess no one here don't know to much about these motors or swap