panuwat

Lost Honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

panuwat

Lost Honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
has anyone ever got this brand before? Denji Projector Headlights... I don't know if they are any good. They look PHAT but I mean, if the quality of the bulb is bad I guess I could always just get the krypton xenon gas bulbs to replace them, right?

:roll:

panuwat

Lost Honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:o holy crap !! i finally got the lights and put them in yesterday, THEY ARE FRIGGIN HARDCORE! they come clear, but the stock turn signal bulbs are amber so in the daylight it will look like clear lens and at night it will be amber... perfectly legal.

dude its sick when you have it on just the parking brake without the headlights on, just the halos. when you turn on the headlights, man they light up the whole neighborhood, and don't even wonder what happens when i hook up the high beams... =) i gotta get the pictures up... i'll do it later though, because its not night time yet. also i'm going to re-wire it so the halos blink along with my turn signals... =)

if anyone is looking to upgrade their headlights, the Denji Dual Halo projector lights are damn PHAT. 8)

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just got my Dual Halo Projectors from UPS today! woohoo! It'll be a few days before i install them though. I'll post pics when i get them installed.

Panuwat - what did you hook the wires for the halo rings to?

panuwat

Lost Honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hooked the negative wire for the halo to the negative and the positive to just the parking lights... i tried wiring it to the turn signals but it didn't look that good since you'd have to be turning or have your hazard lights on to see the halos come on. i think the parking brake makess it look sicker.. there's a defect on mine, one of the halos dont turn on so i gotta send it back to the manufacturer.. that sucks.. i'll take a picture of them before i take them out again though...

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what year is your civic? did you have and problems getting them to fit? cause i put mine in yesterday (just haven't hooked the halo wires up yet) and the backing to the middle light was rubbing up against part of the engine bay (a piece of metal that was running behind the lights like to help hold it there) well, I had to bang it back some so that the halo headlights would fit properly...

also, I need to know how to adjust the beam allignment...the drivers side beams are higher than the passengersides....also, the passenger side light is blue (they are suppose to both be blue, cause they are) but the drivers side's light isn't...it's white and it's a hell of alot brighter....but if i lower my head more to the ground and look at it, it turns blue......so it must be the allignment that's f**kin it up...

panuwat

Lost Honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i have a 1997 civic hx.. i didn't have any problems getting the headlights in. the only problem is probably that you'd have to move the headlight around enough so that both bolts can go into the top of each side... i don't know how to align them, when i turn them on they look fine, maybe like highbeams but hey.. i'd rather be able to see anyways, its bright as hell. anyways.. yeah no problems getting it in.. just a pain because u gotta take all that crap out and snip the wires to the parking brakes.

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
okay, you said you connected the negative to negative.....battery? or what...and the positive to the parking lights (just splice the wires in? or what).......help me

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm, do you think that the three bolts that are coming out the back side are for alignment? i think they might be....well i took my headlights out and put the stock ones back in....I don't have time right now to hook the halo wires up and align the lights....so, I'll wait until friday probably...

for the meantime....check out my webpage, i have some pics of the halo headlights on my car from the other day...

www.geocities.com/civiclx_706/

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
someone answer this...if you know the answers....

panuwat

Lost Honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry i didnt see any new posts on this thread.. connect the negative wire that is on the headlight to the negative wire that went into the stock headlight, basically that means you have three wires going together (the cut one that is wired to the battery, and the cut one that is wired to the headlight, and the one that needs to be wired together with the cut wire) i know it sounds kind of confusing.. maybe one day i'll put a picture together. i'm sending my halos back so i probably wont be able to show you a picture until a few weeks from now. and yeah i tihnk that the 3 bolts in the back are for aligning.

oh and where did you get that piece of material on your head unit (the pioneer head unit) the piece that is slanting, because mine has a gap on the area where it starts to slant outwards.

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I went a place in town called Audio Shop. It's a dash kit and it came with that. =)
crutchfield has this one... http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-5oFKEwImlzo/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=11&g=112200&I=003HONK808&o=m&a=1
sounddomain has this one http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/SCOHA1570B

hope that helps u!

flyby

freedom is never free
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok i got a set of halos box says GEN3 design by Yangsong. dual angel eyes blue reflector bulb (that doesnt matter) they require 2 sets=4bulbs of H1's I am running Raybrigs bulbs.

i spliced the red(pos) wires together for the angel eyes, and did the same for the white wire(neg) and then spliced them to the appropriate wires that connect to the TURN SIGNAL wires (red & blk). Your angel eyes will NOT blink when the blinker go on. I used splices from home depot, or Radio shack had them as well. If you want to get fancy, go get a soldering point and do that. there is an H4 connector to turn on the hi/lo beams as well, very plug and play.

Now before you install your lights. find a flat surface, park 25ft. away and mark it. also mark where the beams hit the ground in front of the car (for refernce) then mark with a upside down "T" where the beam hits the wall...you will be able to see how the pattern of the oem housing marks the wall, you may chaulk that area as well. (for reference)

now all this helps b/c on my housings its a b***h to adjust the left housng, b/c of all the pumps/belts/stuff etc.

I had to cut away part of the right side, a small piece of flat metal to get the housing to fit, b/c the rubber boot & wires would hit it.

On my set the high beams have 3 long bolts slotted and hex head (9mm) that are used to adjust the beam.

on the lo beam adjustment there are 2 screws that have a hex head (9mm) and #3 phillips head.

This will take away because who knows how there were aligned from the factory. It took my about 1.5 hours to align them properly.

My h1 bulbs that came with the houdings sucked, they blew out in 3 days......so i suggest putting hi quality bubls in first....b/c if you do not the left housing will have to be REMOVED to get to the bulb.

using the previous marks, attempt to adjust the lights in about the same area on the wall that ALREADY has been marked.

My lo beams seemed to have not a tru up/down & left/right adjustment....rather it was kinda diagonal...so just watch carefully. the hi beams are much easier, but the 3 adjustment screws on mine did NOT adjust the beam in 3 different ways.....so watch this as well.

you really need to have someone else there helping and watching you adjust.

for the left side lo beam adjustment.....YOU WILL NEED A FLEX SHAFT with a socket attachment on it (9mm) in 1/4" socket size. OR with a PHILLIPS #3 bit on it the end. Socket will be better though.

Maybe the Denji brand will be different, fit different as well dunno.....but if you have the same type of setup as i do then this will help greatly.

i am running the Raybrig White thunder bulbs in 55w=95w white thunder 4000 degree K bulbs in my low beams. gonna run PIAA 55w=110w extreme white bulbs when i can afford them in the hi beam.

the PIAA's were $110.00 as well. the Raybrig's were $65.00 So i couldnt pass up that deal, but they are only equal to 95 watts..so i am gonna save to get the piaa for my hi beams.
as of now i am running the stock h1's in the hi beam as my lo beams blew out on day 3 and i had to completely redo everything just to get the f*@#$$#ckers out. but the lo's look almost bluish white like the HID's of some cars...the higher kelvin temp like the PIAA will give you the purplish HID tint....so its all a matter of preference.

Hope that helps...
anyone is the san diego area pm me, and i can show u my car.....or anyswer questions...

djlost

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey wassup bro ... i have those same projectors. the GEN3. and my bulbs blew in a few days to . thats just bullsh#* aint it!!. I had to do the same thing take everything back out to switch those damn bulbs....I gotta a question for you . it seems that one of my halos is brighter than the other..are you having the same problem?? The instructions said somethng like linking like 3-4 batterys together and hookin the halos to it to charge them up.:roll: did yours say to do that? 3 -- 4 batterys to link up to try that crap. one lights up just fine but the other one is a little dim. and i checked all my wiring like 4 times. I wonder what the problem is?? if you got any suggestions let me know...Oh and by the way the long screws on the back are for adjusting them.

good luck...and let me know if you solve the dim Halo prob.

Late.

P.S: I would like some opinions on my ride..First time putting it up. Tell what you think..

flyby

freedom is never free
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice looking ride.

ok, SO 3 of my 4 halo's have blown, stopped working, bit the dust whatever!!!! im SO pissed. and yes 2 of my halos WERE a lot brighter than the other 2 as well. I had a pro installer from tweeter to look over the work and double crimp etc. basically he sed the LED's in the halos are/were s**t. so here i am with 1 halo working at night now, looks like s**t, did i already say that?:oops: :x