Has anyone had to do any inner fenderwell trimming

Brewster

I recently lowered my car as some may know. From my point of view it's a pretty aggressive drop from the looks of it. Maybe because I have 195/60/15's. Anyways, I'm wondering of anyone has had to do some trimming due to some minor rubbing. I've ordered a camber kit and when I get my camber to where it needs to be its going to be close to the fenders and may rub the plastic inner fender. Don't really want to take them out to be honest. If you have done this do you happen to have pics?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i cut mine, more than trim. also had to roll the fenders flat and pull them. fender liners tend to not exist once you go low, so dont be scared

Brewster

Any pics? What method did u use to pull them? I don't mind doing whatever just trying to get a good idea of what I need to do. I love how low it is. Just don't want to wear out tires.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your not that low. you wont wear out tires and you dont need a camber kit. just get your toe in spec and your fine.

for the liner i used tin snips. for the roll and pull i used tin snips to cut the tabs off. then i used a bat to roll them and a hammer to make it perfectly flat. i recommend taking the fenders off. using a towel and table and hammering the innner lip down till it sits perfect. make sure you lay something like a towel or blanket so you dont damage the paint. i did it this way and have no waviness in my fenders. for the pulling i used a heat gun and phone book. there is a youtube video on how to do it, its pretty common

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get smaller tires and you wont have any problem at that height. I'm at the same height with 205/50s. no rubbing at all.

if not, cut the top part of the fender liner or just let it rub till it burns a hole, lol. or roll and pull

Brewster

Thanks. I saw the YouTube video. I plan on doing that as well. Is there any problems with removing the liners all together and keep them out? After looking yesterday it seems that my liners are the only problem.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i havent had any problems with no liners. its pretty common to do

Brewster

Cool. Mine are coming out then. I've never rolled lips on any of my cars. I just pulled out the heavy hammer and banged the inner lips flush and never had a paint chipping problem of any kind. Thanks for all the help with this to all

Brewster

Got them installed. Different installation from all the write ups. Mine was 2 bolts on the side of the shock towers and the castle nut as shown here

Battery side

Air box side

Removing the air box and the battery made it easy. Only hard part was getting the new one in and lined up

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you must of read an eg how to, eg is on top, ek on sides