HatchbackMatt's 89 DX Build

ShowtimeCivic

Wow! Until recently I've never really cared for the ef cars, but now they have really started to grow on me! And this one surely is no exception, good work on it man!

Tapatalk'n from my Desire HD

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Coming along nicely

HatchbackMatt

Got the motor dropped in today. Rear mount is being an absolute b***h though. Its like 2 mm off being lined up and i cant seem to get it to line up, even with standing on the motor and jumping on the intake mani (ive heard that this is a common issue with hasport mounts). Tried a tapered punch, but it wasnt quite thick enough so Im gonna see if i can get one that is a little thicker to shove through and try to get it to line up. And i was being an idiot and forgot to put the alternator on so ill have fun installing that from the bottom or I might just move fuel rail and remove the bracket so i can do it from the top.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its coming along great! Now get it running

HatchbackMatt

Ok guys, bad news. Paint is not gonna get finished. My brother said Im ungrateful because I asked him to finish my car when he said it was gonna be done several weeks ago and he threatened to put dents in the rest of my panels so I arranged to go pick up whats left at the shop this afternoon. Ill have the car redone elsewhere when I have the money. So obviously the K swap will have to wait and I might just end up canceling those plans. Was really excited for where this car was going but it seems like things start falling apart whenever I start actually getting somewhere.

HatchbackMatt

Supposedly hes gonna finished the panels today. If theyre not sprayed by the end of tonight Im going and picking it up. Disappointing that it had to come to this when its my own brother painting it.

HatchbackMatt

Almost all back together. Just gotta transfer the handles and stuff over to the new driver door, put the axles in and then fill the tranny and radiator and were good to go.

HatchbackMatt

Got the car started today and striped the moldings. Gotta put my door decals on and driver door assembled and then ill be taking her out tonight.

HatchbackMatt

Haven't really done too much to the car the past month. Got an OEM rear wiper delete kit, new headlight bulbs, and new spark plugs though.