HatchbackMatt's 89 DX Build

HatchbackMatt

JDM side moldings on the way, ill post pics when they get here. Have a little bit of extra money, decided that I want a real J's front lip, however the $500 price tag is a little too hefty at the moment so I might order an OEM SiR lip to put on until i can afford to order the J's lip and wing. Need to also order the SiR badge and door decals to put on after paint. So much want and so little money :(

Gonna be at the EF meet in Downey this Saturday. Missed it last year so I'm pretty excited to be able to go this year. Feel free to say whats up if you're there.

HatchbackMatt

BNIB JDM rear bumper filler and OEM SiR badge came today. Now just waiting on my side moldings to show up and i can get her in the paint booth.

integraguy_3

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow... loving the direction this is headed

HatchbackMatt

Picture from after the EF meet. Since then the jdm rear filler has been put on and some of the fitment issues with the rear bumper fixed.

HatchbackMatt

Can't decide if i want to get sir front and back seats or if i just wanna strip the interior and throw a cage in her. It is my daily, but it is also meant to be tracked. I never have people in the back seat, my only real reason for not wanting to cage it is cause the SiR seats have been a long time dream of mine lol. Been trying to decide on this for like months lol

HatchbackMatt

Started stripping interior for paint. Gotta get some dry ice and get rid of the sound deadening, not gonna put a carpet back in. In the last pic i threw the driver seat back in to go to lunch in a little bit, gonna be interesting to see what its like.

HatchbackMatt

Got most of the sound deadening out today. Ran out of dry ice lol. Gonna pick some more up tomorrow and finish that up and then give the inside a real good cleaning. Trying to decide how much of the interior i wanna put back in, not gonna have a back seat, but cant decide if i want to keep the interior panels in the back or just leave it stripped after its painted.

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Nice! im surprised you never went the route of undercoating the inside of the car instead of paint! Nice either way hahah, they never found out who hit your first hatch did they?

HatchbackMatt

Nice! im surprised you never went the route of undercoating the inside of the car instead of paint! Nice either way hahah, they never found out who hit your first hatch did they?
Was thinking about it but i like the painted look better. And actually, my insurance told me they thought they found the guy (I had a partial plate as well as the make, model, color, and approximate year of the car), they contacted his insurance and they said that he wasn't involved in an accident and that was the end of it. Which kinda pissed me off cause im like, no one is gonna tell their insurance that they did a hit and run. But its whatever, at that point i was kinda just like, sh*t happens lets just move forward.

HatchbackMatt

People been laggin' on me a lot lately so the progress slowed down quite a bit. But she is at the paint shop now and she is almost done with body work.

HatchbackMatt

Shes pretty much ready for paint, gonna spray the body and whatever panels we can tomorrow, then finish up the rest tuesday. Transmission will go to my buddy tomorrow to be freshened up. Decided im gonna spray the floorboard with bed liner instead of painting it so gotta do that too then just put everything back together.

HatchbackMatt

Saw the car in person today, looks amazing, better than I was expecting. Heres two pics i took that show the color a little better.

HatchbackMatt

Luna came home today. Started getting her somewhat pieced together, still waiting on some pieces that my brother hasnt had a chance to spray due to some issues at his work, but it will get done. I go back to work on monday so ill finally have money coming in again. Decided that my next goal is K series (JDM ITR K20a). Already contacted K-Tuned and got a full list of what I need and Ill have some helpful guidance from a buddy of mine that just finished his EF K swap not too long ago. The goal is to have all the parts ready at the beginning of next summer so that I can just go pick up the motor and get to work. Im very confident that I can get it done, now its just a matter of doing it.

crxbrad

Awesome man. Glad you got another one and looks like you're going in a great direction. Keep it up.
I'm gonna add a secnd and third thread to the EF section on this site. hahaha