have a ?

enyce223

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aight I wont to know if it is all that hard to put in power windows and locks on my 97 dx. Should I go and buy the kit from like pep boys, or some where like that or should I go to the junk yard and just buy 2 new doors and install them any help would be very good thanks.

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
unless you can line up the doors perfectly after taking them off, I say buy the kit. It doesn't cost too much anyways.

My friend with a mustang took his doors off and had to take it to a shop to get it aligned.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
check in the owners manual or if you have a friend with the same model civic, find out if the doors are the same length in the hb as the coupe. i know on the 92-95's coupe doors with p/w fits right in to the hatches, but im not sure about the 96-00's. sedan doors absolutely will not work. if the doors are the same size and you can find ones in good shape in the right color, they will work better than the pep boys kit. otherwise, get the kit.

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pshhh....who needs power windows...weight blows! Give your arm a workout once and a while!

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "99ExCoupe"

pshhh....who needs power windows...weight blows! Give your arm a workout once and a while!
prolly gets enough work with his arm AND hand work all the tim j/p bro

panuwat

Lost Honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
power windows is a convenience of the best kind though... its hard to open the passenger windows when ur driving on the highway next to someone...

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats why you don't street race fooool!

Raise your hand if you masterbate!

**proudly lifts both hands up**

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow....you have 3? I wish I had three feet....so I could double de-clutch around corners...instead of heel-and-toe...which I SUCK AT!

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
*raises left hand... right one seems to be busy*

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "99ExCoupe"

wow....you have 3? I wish I had three feet....so I could double de-clutch around corners...instead of heel-and-toe...which I SUCK AT!
oh you see it works both ways, i can pretty much use it as either an arm or a leg.. or i could just poke your eye out from here

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude...I wish my d**k was that long! It would get some exersize for once!

Myogi_Nightkid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i feel sorry for you guys.... sheesh

back to topic: get a Helm's manual first (www.helminc.com) for your car. it will be a good investment especially if you wanna start working on your car. IMO, if you are going to throw in parts on your car, go with OEM (used or brand new).