Have you ever encountered "Honda Haters"?

Slow y Low

5+ Year Member
Sometimes I swear...the world is full of haters. I'm far from having the nicest Honda on the road but I think it looks pretty good. I'm getting it pretty close to the way I invisioned it. I get some good feedback from time to time, but some asshats just have go out of their way to express how much they dislike my car, whether it be face to face or on the road. It may just be an act of machismo on their part... I also feel like cops just love to harass and follow me around, my Cobra goes off like crazy any time a cop spots me or is in my field of vision.

Have you ever experienced a similar situation?
What kind of car do you drive and do you have exterior mods? (I feel this may be the culprit)
Do you believe in Muscle vs. Import?

Thanks in advance for your responses, I look forward to reading them. :smileyR:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:popcorn:

James315

idk about the area you live in but here in TN if you drive a honda expect to get pulled over at somepoint and we get alot of Muscle vs. Import bs its just something you got to get used it its all about how you take it.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haterz gonna hate...

Slow y Low

5+ Year Member
I lived in L.A. with my ek for 2 years and then moved to Austin, Texas where I currently reside (been here about 4 years). I feel like its been the same as far as cop harassment. I've been pulled over about 6-7 times? I've lost count. As far as Muscle vs. Import it really doesn't phase me as much anymore. They always have something to "say". My car is my dd, not a race car. Even if I had the option to drop a new motor and tranny (which I'm considering doing) I still wouldn't make it a race car. It would have a N/A B20z with an LS (for the gas mileage) maybe? Im sure on the motor but I'm still indecisive about what tranny is going to go with it.

Jose1027

Registered VIP
Ive been pulled over for loud exhaust:what: i have a yonaka catback so i know its not loud,for making an improper stop,ive never seen anyone make a proper stop most people just stop for like 3 seconds nd go.ive seen muscle cars,harleys with straight pipes going fast as hell nd never get stoped,its bs but we just have to get use to it,hondas have a bad rep.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Danny Goldsmith

Haha, over here in NY especially in the New York City area, it's a Honda/JDM haven. Of course there's just as many V8 heads. I feel like the Euro tuners and the JDM tuners have more beef, if anything, than the muscle guys and JDM guys lol

Haters gonna hate.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gas stations are usually where the s**t talking is. Or back in high school. I've had trucks try and race me for no reason. The worst one was probably someone yelling "Nice car! Fresh out the cereal box!" keep in mind my cars exterior was stock. But no ones ever been violent.

Also NEVER been pulled over, harassed at a road block or anything like that. And yes I have the loud exhaust. The police don't really care around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it all depends on where you live...i havent really gotten any hate on my car :what: and as far as cop harassment goes i think one out of the 3 times could be halfway considered harassment lol the other 2 i deserved.

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
besides the small group of people where i live that like them drive honda make you a minority to cops and get harrassed and tons of people hate on hondas because of so many people who have given them a bad name by huge wings,neon etc..... and others that hate have egos bigger than you can imagine and judge a car by the size of the motor to make up for their little weiners

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh man. One of these...

Honestly I live in a smaller town, so when I first got my Civic I got followed around a lot. But once I drove it around for a while and never did anything stupid they let me be. The only time I really have issues is with my exhaust. Which is really damn loud.
It also helps to have a Civic that looks more stock than anything. My car is pretty simple and doesn't stand out. That helps a lot. Also I'm very respectful and laid back to cops unless they give me a reason not to be (which they never do). They're just doing their job, even if they are profiling. Stereotypes happen for a reason :what:
But there will always be haters, whatever you're into.

Slow y Low

5+ Year Member
Sometimes that's how I feel Dominick. I totally understand the bad rep. There was a time when underglow kits and over the top wings (on FF cars mind you) were cool and hip, just like how Vanilla Ice and Limp Bizkit used to be cool (oh yes, I just went there...). Avant, I can't tell you how many times I've seen dudes that have giant jacked up trucks end up being 5'3" tall when they get out, strutin around with their skinny acid washed jeans paired with one of those lame affliction shirts. :umno:

cleansleep37

t3EJ8
My area is littered with either tuned hondas, tuned VWs or lifted trucks. VW owners are the ones always trying to race or get out at a gas station and talk smack. Most of the kids around here pay for someone to work on their car though so Its funny to me.

As far as cops, I get pulled over every couple weeks but kind of like that. The way I look at it (and they've told me this) is that they're finding anything to pull me over and run my info to make sure it's not stolen. We've got a lot of "boosters" around here so it makes me comfortable to know that If my civ gets taken there's a chance it will be recovered timely. The best part is, they normally don't give me tickets :thumbsup:

Slow y Low

5+ Year Member
Yeah Crash! I always seem to be very respectful and complacent with the officers that pull me over. Thankfully my car is always insured and I have the inspection and registration up to date. They ain't got ish on me. My exhaust is SUPER loud too, straight thru exhaust ("Cop Caller"). Especially when the VTEC KICKS IN YO!!!! :drive: Sorry, couldnt resist!

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:shock:

Man, who are all these new cats?
I guess this is what happens when I'm not on for five days.

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Once.

I was on my way home and a mustang started following me and flips me off for no reason. I just ignored him.

and my car is stock! lol

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
^ cause you scare them off hahahaha jk fool yes a bunch of new peeps the past few days. they seem to be ok though:what: