having toe problems is the worst thing in the world. . .

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i learned that this weekend when i was slapping on my new suspension. after the installation i took the car for a spin. it felt horrible. steering wheel was jerking left and right. car was steering horribly to the right. it just didnt feel safe at all. tires would be squeaking if i turn my steering wheel slightly to one side. every bump i hit i would seriously bounce off of it. if i hit it with my right side of the car it will propel me to the left. it was terrible.

until i went to roger kraus today in castro valley, california. took my car in for an alignment (or so i thought). they guy said i had terrible toe... terrible! in the front. then i told him im still waiting for my 15s to come in and i still have to raise the perches in the front when the wheel does come in to fit the 205/50/15s azenis tires. so the guys there just adjusted my toe for free if i promise to take it back for the full alignment when i slap everything on. also the guys there went on to tell me that the balls on my ingall camber kit are on backwards. the left one is suppose to be on the right and the right on the left. he said the instructions are wrong.. .. is not my fault! i was just following the "L" which stands for left (or so i thought) and "R" which stands for right (and so i thought) so i have to go fix that too.

i cant fix anything yet untill i get my rims which hopefully will come beginning of next week. if i do fix things my toe will be horrible again which i am scared of. but for now, the car feels great. it is definitely very stiff (not all of you would like it) im personally is getting use to it. still have to break in the suspension though since is brand spanking new. steering response have improved a lot. but man the car corners like a mad woman. im crapping in my pants thinking how much better it be with a proper alignment and azenis tires *drool*

more update after i get my rims and adjust my suspension. then off to the alignment shop again! wheee

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Yeah, I had horrible toe after i installed my SPC camber kit. I could barely keep my car on the road. My tires looked like this > |==/ . I used to chirp my tires just going over small bumps in the roads. I got it aligned and they said my toe was way off, but it still seems to pull to the right alittle :what:

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeh, after i put my coilovers on, the car pulled to the right. i got an alignment, they were straight. got new tires, it pulled to the right again. :?

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Speaking of toe, i had an ingrown toenail the other day

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh that's yummy..

but anyways yeah they fix the toe but my car is pulling to the left. i still need to get the full alignment though so maybe that's why. i know that my camber is off though. just waiting for my damn tires. . . .

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
here are a couple pics from my install

hope you kids like it...

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice, we need more pics like that on this site. more pics that show mods being done.