Header Fitment

xowiickedox

5+ Year Member
I have a 2000 Honda civic Lx d16y7 auto , i want to add headers to make the car just sound better, i have a magnaflow exhaust and this is all else i want to do , i was wondering when i purchase my choice of header is the any special modification i will have to do just to disconnect stock and add aftermarket? and any other sugestions? and like i stated this is all for sound i have no reason to Boost or beef up a d16y7

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is your exhaust now connecting to your header/cat? If so then you should be able to install one no problem. Just have to extend your o2 wiring. Might even throw a cel. Sound like a waste just for sound. But goodluck =)

xowiickedox

5+ Year Member
I don't think you'll really notice a big sound difference but you only need one header not headerS, don't forget to replace the gasket as well.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.877311,-99.509375
It was a typo the thread title is HEADER i appreciate the info you gave but the comment on headerS was not needed

also thanks everyone for there inputs i installed the header and did just fine im waiting for my o2 extension to come in at the moment

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
Replacing the exhaust manifold on the y7 is a major pain in the ass. The catalytic converter is integrated, therefore requiring that you buy a catalytic converter as well to accompany your replacement header and you'll have to extend the o2 sensor wires and weld in the new cat.

I did it to my car replacing my y7 manifold, it was so not worth the time/money/etc to fix the problem. If I could go back I'd take my $400 back and just bondo the crack.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why weld in a catalytic converter when you can just buy an ex catalytic converter from say, mangnaflow with ex a-pipe and be done with it. Better flowing system, all bolt on

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
first of all, its header not header(s). secondly, you live in long beach, so any no brand header will be illegal. unless its a DC brand, which will cost you about $400, and if you are interested just for the sound, then it might not be worth it.

VigLink badge