Header o2 bolt

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok guys im in need of help and dont want to take car to shop to get bolt out i bought an aftermarket header 4-2-1 fir my hatch and where the o2 plugs in theres a bolt there and the guy stripped the head of the bolt so nothin will hook on any idea how to get it off with out going to a shop

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So there is a bolt in the o2 hole on the aftermarket header? So it's off the car? Wrap a towel around it, put it in a table clamp (or secure it down another way) and go to down on it with some vice grips. I'm assuming you bought the header new? If so, they shouldn't have put the bolt on so tightly...

If it really doesn't budge, you may have to spray some PB Blaster or any other product that helps free up bolts. Or call the company you bought it from and complain.

dethseeker90

5+ Year Member
you can always buy a bolt extracterbasically looks like a drill bit but has a reverse thread so as u are extracting the drill bit. it digs deeper into the bolt. you need to drill a hole first though. they sell them at autozone. and im sure you can find them at any hardware store

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
there installed in the car all ready
It's going to be MUCH easier if you pull the header off. Or at least the lower section. Good luck trying to get the bolt out with no room to work with, with the header installed.

reichbc

"Brandon"
So there is a bolt in the o2 hole on the aftermarket header? So it's off the car? Wrap a towel around it, put it in a table clamp (or secure it down another way) and go to down on it with some vice grips.
JohnS.... dude.... think outside the box. Leverage, man. Secure the BOLT in a table vice, and crank that b*tch TIGHT. Then, simply rotate the headers!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
JohnS.... dude.... think outside the box. Leverage, man. Secure the BOLT in a table vice, and crank that b*tch TIGHT. Then, simply rotate the headers!
You could do that too. But if you secure the header to the vice, you have more control over the bolt than when you have a tiny bolt secured to the vice and this giant header you're spinning. That's just what I would do.