header opinion

flyby

freedom is never free
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey guys, new here.....

have a header leak, so....

gonna get a new header.

i read that the Powercore header from Land&speed is the best header for the SOHC engine. is this true?

also, do i want a 1 piece or 2 piece & 4-1 or 4-2-1 design????

any links, or comments please.....

RedSunsEK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ummm, as far as i know the only real big difference between 1 piece and 2 piece is 2 piece are easier to install... now about the second part of your question....the 4-1 headers provide more low end power and the 4-2-1 provide more high end power... i think i would go with the 4-1 because hondas need as much low end power as possible... theyre high end power is good, low end sucks...

flyby

freedom is never free
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i think i am going to get the stainless steel 4-2-1 1 piece header from DC sports....found it for about 285.00

and from the time i have posted etc. the majority seems to say the opposite of what you are saying RED. lo end comes from the 4-2-1...??? :?:

but thats why im asking to clarify the situation...

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've always heard that the 4-1 provides more high end and takes away low end. But I've heard the Stillen 4-1 actually smooths out the power curve very nicely.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "RedSunsEK"

Ummm, as far as i know the only real big difference between 1 piece and 2 piece is 2 piece are easier to install...
the 4-1 headers provide more low end power and the 4-2-1 provide more high end power
1 piece is better (i forgot the technical reason) but you dont want 2 piece, 1 piece is better for SURE!

and RED you got it backwards guy :lol: 4-2-1 is for your low-mid range
and 4-1 is all your top end...so depends on your setup really...

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
4-1 headers are good for high reving engines

RedSunsEK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:shock: My bad guys...ur right, sorry about that...it was like 3am and my brain cells were at an alltime low :D

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "RedSunsEK"

:shock: My bad guys...ur right, sorry about that...it was like 3am and my brain cells were at an alltime low :D
thats koo man, sometimes i post hella blown and it doesnt make sense and i end up gettni flamed on, lol :oops:

flyby

freedom is never free
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well that really settles it then, 1 pc. 4-2-1 ss header it is.

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stainless Steel also changes color after some use ... it becomes this dark, rainbowy color that's kinda nasty. The next best choice if you want the headers to maintain their white color is to use ceramic coated ones. They're cheaper even. But performance wise, you will want the SS because they have been proven to flow better.

flyby

freedom is never free
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
interesting. i thought the ss just was for looks, and the steel was stronger than the ceramic coated ones, that was why they coated them....?

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The ceramic coating is for looks. I think the ceramic ones are made of some sort of carbon steel alloy, not stainless. Don't quote me on that tho. The ceramic coating is very clean looking, as far as ceramic goes, because of its resistance to heat. The stainless headers flow better because of the smooth surface of the metal.

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea...go with DC Sports headers....I prefer them over other manufacturers. I also think the 1-piece are lighter than the 2-pieces. So if your budget is low get a DC Sports 4-2-1 (1-piece) ceramic-coated header but if you have an extra $100 bucks or so then go with the SS. I'd go with the ceramic-coated...I don't think there is a huge power increase with the SS but I could be wrong.