I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have a 97 Civic LX SOHC..

HERE (<--- click) on ebay, are used DC Sports headers.. 4-2-1 headers, and it looks like a decent buy. They don't fit the LX model i believe, since according to AEM's site, only 4 to 1 headers fit an LX...

So, is there anyway I can still get these to fit in my car somehow? It looks like a good deal so I want them haha, I'm just hoping they'll fit if I get them.

EDIT: I realize on the ebay link, they say it fits an 96-98 D16 SOHC, which fits my description.. But LX and EX engines are both D16, just slightly different? ha.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
they'll fit bro but you wont have a cat afterwards. You can get the 4-2-1 and you'll be fine.

Where in MA are you bro...?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
they'll fit bro but you wont have a cat afterwards. You can get the 4-2-1 and you'll be fine.

Where in MA are you bro...?
Meh, so im guessing that wont work, since passing emissions would be nice...

Western Mass.... Pittsfield. Reppin 413

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the other thing that you can do tho is get a universal cat to put on the end of it so that you'll still be legal.

blckcivic96

"You crazy Joe Rogen"
5+ Year Member
On my coupe my header eliminated my cat it souded like s**t... So I put a resonator on

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
you would just need an EX cat for that to work, not a big deal :thumbs up
Bingo.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i put a header on my 97 cx. and yes the cat will be eliminated. and i still passed emissions. you just need a MIL elimnator to wire in to your secondary 02 sensor. voila!!!

Kingjames83

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why the hell wouldn't you just get an aftermarket cat like previously mentioned? at least then you'll be legal and wont have to worry just in case you get a d**k cop pulling you over!

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cops are retarded. they cant tell if you have a cat or not. they need a sniffer. and cops dont have those so. if a cop pulls me over what is he gonna do? he cant do s**t

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jersey8 said:
cops are retarded. they cant tell if you have a cat or not. they need a sniffer. and cops dont have those so. if a cop pulls me over what is he gonna do? he cant do s**t
:roll:

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
um, what he's gonna do is pull out his magic mirror and slide that b***h down the side of your car and see that you have no cat like most emissions station's do.

ryanM

Redbone said:
um, what he's gonna do is pull out his magic mirror and slide that b***h down the side of your car and see that you have no cat like most emissions station's do.
bingo

i love living in WI, no one cares about pollution, my car had no cat and spit flames when you let off the gas and it backfired, not to mention it was loud enough to set off car alarms, and i was never hassled for it

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jersey8 said:
i put a header on my 97 cx. and yes the cat will be eliminated. and i still passed emissions. you just need a MIL elimnator to wire in to your secondary 02 sensor. voila!!!
whats an MIL elimnator?