Headlight help

boriquais

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well here it goes i hope somebody can help! i have a 97 civic dx, i just bought a set of 99-00 CTR headlights. i was wondering if the 99-00 headlights will fit the 96-98 civic,if not how hard it would be to make them fit

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "boriquais"

Well here it goes i hope somebody can help! i have a 97 civic dx, i just bought a set of 99-00 CTR headlights. i was wondering if the 99-00 headlights will fit the 96-98 civic,if not how hard it would be to make them fit
they will not fit, you would need to do a 99-00 front end conversion (ie:bumper, fenders, hood)... so it would be your best bet to sell the ctr's, and just paint your stock 97 headlights!!!

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
they got some 97 type-r lights also..unless you dont like the look?

boriquais

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks position, and yes unit zero i really dont like the 98 ctr headlights. i just liked the clean looks of the 99-00 lights. i figured there would be an easier way of making them fit. oh well guess ill be painting them stockers

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no prob :thumbs up:

post pics when you are done!!!
there are alot of how-to's on how to do it somewhere, im gonna do my lights as soon as i find some duplicolor!!!

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Black housings for the older OEMs actually look decent.

flyby

freedom is never free
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get aftermarket oem ones, dont go thru the dealer for future refernce....

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sell the 99-00 ctr headlights on this site. i think i know some people who actually want them