Help 1998 Civic lx power Widows just suddenly stopped working

$%Shooter13

tried replacing switch, relay , fuses, checked for power to the circuits, all seems to be in order, still no joy. what else to check?

nd4sped

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you are getting battery voltage at the plug that connects to the window regulator while you are actuating the switch then I would test the regulator.

if you can grab another 12 V battery or create long leads and connect to your car battery and apply direct 12 V to the regulator. Reverse the voltage to make the window go down.
If the regulator does not move when you apply 12 V of voltage directly to the switch then you need to replace the window regulator.

Lastly clean out the window slides and use some dry lithium and lightly smeared the edge of the slides.
Good luck and update when you can.

$%Shooter13

If you are getting battery voltage at the plug that connects to the window regulator while you are actuating the switch then I would test the regulator.

if you can grab another 12 V battery or create long leads and connect to your car battery and apply direct 12 V to the regulator. Reverse the voltage to make the window go down.
If the regulator does not move when you apply 12 V of voltage directly to the switch then you need to replace the window regulator.

Lastly clean out the window slides and use some dry lithium and lightly smeared the edge of the slides.
Good luck and update when you can.
UPDATE: found out it's not the regulator or the wiring harness , it's the connecter between the door and the fender the wires are coming loose from the connecter in-between the door and fender under the boot covering. I either need to find a replacement for it or have to repair it. Anyone know where to get a replacement? 1998 Honda Civic Lx 1.6 engine w power windows and door locks. Any help would be appreciated.

nd4sped

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
UPDATE: found out it's not the regulator or the wiring harness , it's the connecter between the door and the fender the wires are coming loose from the connecter in-between the door and fender under the boot covering. I either need to find a replacement for it or have to repair it. Anyone know where to get a replacement? 1998 Honda Civic Lx 1.6 engine w power windows and door locks. Any help would be appreciated.
Sounds like a trip to your local salvage yard in in the future. I love the salvage yard, always find good stuff and quality of parts is generally good.
Avoid pulling parts from a damaged section obviously. Best thing about Civics is that there are plenty in salvage so finding a harness or some miscellaneous components is not only easy, its cheap.
Oh and really best of all is you get to figure out to take things apart on a car you done have to worry about. But good salvage yard etiquette is to not break things. Try to disassemble properly because the next guy might need that door trim and only finds that the clip holders are all busted because some jack nuts decides to just yank the door skin off. #endofrant

$%Shooter13

Latest update: Went to scrap yard and couldn't find the right connector for my 1998 Honda Civic LX D16Y7. So that leaves me in the position of repairing the one that is on the car now. Now the problem is that I have 5 wires that are already out of the female side connector coming from the body to the rubber boot to the door and male connector for the door wiring harness. What I need is the color coded wire diagram for the female side connector so when I repin it I can get the wires in the right position. I have searched and searched for it and have been pointed to various other sites but haven't had any luck finding it on any of them. If anyone has a direct link to it so I can download it directly I would be EXTREMELY grateful. Thank you in advance for any help with this. Sincerely, Keith