HELP? 2006 civic lx need exhuast and AEM cold Air

getbeat04

Vtec Is In My Blood
5+ Year Member
sup guys well i just picked up my civic lx i know its not the ex but its a start.im looking for a sick exhaust for it nothing big like the N1 or Greddy evo2. any ideas?and sites. also i need a Aem cold air anyone know of any sites with good prices thanks alot. =)

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MagnaflowRep said:
MagnaFlow is pleased to announce that we have just released our new cat back exhaust system 16687 for the 2006 Civic 1.8L Coupe/Sedan DX/LX/EX. For specs on the system’s configuration, pipe size, layout and tip configuration, see picture below:

The new cat back system for this application has been dyno'd to produce around 5 hp and 4 lbs. ft of torque. It features full mandrel bends (no compression bends, like those done at muffler shops) for maximum flow and a straight through, wide open muffler with NO baffles, NO chambers and NO restrictions.

The system installs with simple hand tools and in most cases, can be installed by the average do-it-yourselfer in 30-60 minutes.

Installation Instructions:
http://www.magnaflow.com/07techtips/pdfs/16687.pdf

The system is backed by the best warranty in the business (LIFETIME)
warranty info:

http://www.magnaflow.com/wideopen/warranty.asp

For more info on this system,
click here

http://www.magnaflow.com/02pro...=1179

For a Dealer in your area
click here:
http://www.magnaflow.com/03dealer.asp

To buy from one of our Nationwide Retailers
click here:
http://www.magnaflow.com/03buyonline.asp

was posted on honda-tech

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The intake I know ebay has and any performance shop can order it in and the magnaflow exhaust is not avilable yet I work for a parts company and we order directly from them and its not available yet. The magnaflow system will also cost 400 dollars and up for 5 hp its not even worth it and those things sound like s**t.

nad_racer

5+ Year Member
Modifying cars has never been cheap to anyone who has built a car. Magnaflow has a quality product that will work effectively. This isnt a mustang so 1-5 hp gains are alot for a small car like this and make all the difference. I think that the mandrel bent exhaust at $400 is a fair deal(less expensive is always nice) for a kit like this that bolts on and wont be cheaply made like a tremendous amount of civics I see out. Id say about 90% of the modded civics I see out there have extra cheap, poorly made exhausts that sound terrible, hang at odd angles, and look like they were made from old chef boy r d cans. This will look nice, fit well, and perform well.

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The intake for 250 is barely worth the money for the power you get. As for the 400 dollar exhaust that costs 50 dollars to make is not worth s**t wcarry their products and they are not worth the money. For 400 dollars a better brand and a better performance. I know performace cost money but the magnaflow exhaust is not worth the crappy steel its made from.

nad_racer

5+ Year Member
Dont be hating cause you can't afford to mod your car. If you knew that performance cost money too then you wouldn't complain about how much it costs.

Also if we were all obsessed with real performance as you seem to be then we wouldn't have bought 15k or so costing cars and bought late modeled mustangs, TA, Firebirds, or Camaros for far less. Spend a qt of what we'd spend on peformance parts on that to what we'd pay for on a civic and all have super qt mile times. We didn't. We drive civics and we want performance out of em.

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
But honestly though, who DOESN'T want performance out of their car, no matter what it is?

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why waste money on cars that are not made any more like the camaro and f**k ford. Yes mods cost money but most of the ones out right now are too expensive due to hi demad for them. High prices for the mods they have out right now will not do very much. The mods will eventually start getting less outragous and more reasonable with time and when more companies make stuff.

CA-to-DC

5+ Year Member
well if your still looking for an aem cai for an fg1 let me know... i got the polished silver for my ex but took it off a week after, theres nothing worng with it perfomance wise but there are some scratches from trying to get it in during the install. since its my first brand new car and i have the extended warranty its just not its time yet...

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
JCM your a f**kin dipshit.

Go educate yourself before you post. Do you even know the purpose of an exhaust other then to make the engine sound better?

Do you even know how the engine benefits from an exhaust or a Cold Air Intake?