[help] Airconditioned adapt Civic 97 -> 2000

gzalomoscoso

5+ Year Member
Guys, i told you the history

1) I've a Honda Civic 97, and they stolen my stereo, the worst part was that the robbers broke the "console" (where there is the air conditioned) looks terrible.

2) through months of searching, i finally find a new "console" of hondacivic 2000, it fits exactly, but the interior wires are not compatibles. The A/C of my 97civic was with sliders but tthis new one are with perilles (rounded slider?) looks gReat, but dont work!!

I want, you can help me to ADAPT it. you can tell me how to do that or maybe tellme a web site with this information?.

PD. The air conditioned work fine with the old console. never been broken the system.

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont think that console on the right is of a 2000... looks newer. 2001+?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
toooooo much work to convert 96-98 to 99-00 climate control. The sliders on the 96-98 are controlled by a cable, where as the 99-00 are controlled by electronic controlls. You would need more from the newer model to make it work.

EDIT- btw that pic you showed is a 8th gen console.

gzalomoscoso

5+ Year Member
i dont have the right picture. you're right its a 2006 console, but the one i've it's a 2000 console.
SO, convert that it's SO difficult?, fech!! what can i do?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You would be better to stick with your 97 climate control.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Find another 97 to make it 100000X's easier on yourself.

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would suggest finding a 96-98 Climate Control Bezel and Assembly. 99-00 Climate controls are electrical, where as s 96-98 Climate Controls are mechanical.

Alot of people on the boards have talked about doing the conversion but you need to rewire a large portion of your dash and in the end its not worth the trouble for 3 knobs instead of 2 sliders. My .02

manu

5+ Year Member
Slick_99 said:
I would suggest finding a 96-98 Climate Control Bezel and Assembly. 99-00 Climate controls are electrical, where as s 96-98 Climate Controls are mechanical.

Alot of people on the boards have talked about doing the conversion but you need to rewire a large portion of your dash and in the end its not worth the trouble for 3 knobs instead of 2 sliders. My .02

Hes right its not worth the trouble. I wanted to get a 99-00 console so I could put a screen for my carputer in it but it was going to cost too much, you need a lot of the parts from a 99-00 console

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You would have to do a 99-00 dash conversion plus get all of the heater assembly and duct work. Sell the 99-00 controls and get the right stuff.

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your interested in selling the 99-00 Black Bezel, Im interested if you can provide me some pics.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Slick_99 said:

Here is the how-to on Honda-Tech. As he said... it's a pain in the ass. Just get one for a '96-'98 Civic instead.

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=605432