Help and guidance

JSeldon1987

So as of Saturday I'm a very happy owner of a 99 civic ex. I've always wanted to own one of these, but never got the opportunity until now. I drove 2 hours for to look at it and after getting there I also drove it around (with the owner in the car) for a good hour. Now I noticed a couple things. When I first started it up, it idled really high, around 2k or not much past it.

After a couple mins, it starts to whine down, but then start to fluctuate. It's a d series motor. The guy I bought it from replaced the axles, transmission, clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, rebuilt the motor. It's honestly a pretty solid car for what I paid for it. I feel it was worth it. Now I could use some insight and knowledge on fixing this idle situation. Starting to get annoyed with it. So any insight or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Drakon543

im fairly new to this model year myself and kind of same situation as you. i recent picked up a 2000 ex coupe always wanted one aswell just never got one for whatever reason. first thing im going to suggest recheck all of the vacuum lines and make sure they are firmly pressed on and not cracked. if the iacv is working correctly a slight air leak somewhere else could cause a fluctuation. next one i just look up the iacv for our car and im unsure how easy it will be but you can try cleaning it. mass air sensor cleaning spray from your local auto store will for great for that. remove the iacv as gently as possible so you dont damage the gasket and thoroughly spray through all the ports on the valve reinstall after 15-20 min for dry time. then see if that helps

Drakon543

could be something typical with these cars im not aware of im just going on my experience with other cars.

JSeldon1987

im fairly new to this model year myself and kind of same situation as you. i recent picked up a 2000 ex coupe always wanted one aswell just never got one for whatever reason. first thing im going to suggest recheck all of the vacuum lines and make sure they are firmly pressed on and not cracked. if the iacv is working correctly a slight air leak somewhere else could cause a fluctuation. next one i just look up the iacv for our car and im unsure how easy it will be but you can try cleaning it. mass air sensor cleaning spray from your local auto store will for great for that. remove the iacv as gently as possible so you dont damage the gasket and thoroughly spray through all the ports on the valve reinstall after 15-20 min for dry time. then see if that helps
So I found this after looking under the hood. Feel like a tool that I didnt see it before. Now I can't seem to find where it connects to.

Attachments

Drakon543

where does the one side connect. if we can narrow down what atleast one of them comes from maybe i can match it up on mine. there is atleast 2 tubes that should come off of your intake tube.

Jdm2326.

Hey everyone, new to the forum... just pick up a 99 ek coupe automatic but I made the swap to manual and ran too some problem can anyone help me please.... I’m really frustrated about it any help will be appreciated.
Thanks ahead

Drakon543

now im just confused you already have a thread going and i asked for some information to help you. and that post doesn't even seem to fit this thread.
now if you really do want some help you previous post has a picture of a vacuum hose connected to a t fitting with 2 hoses not connected to anything. i need to know where that hose thats going down is connected and ill tell you where it was supposed to go. otherwise it could be one of 3 or 4 in that area.