HELP brakes keep sticking!

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
after a few min of driving my car my brakes start sticking. before the rod on the brake pedal would just stick to the floor and my brakes would be 100% locked up...the car wouldent move. but after tapping the rod it released. so i changed my master cylinder. the issue did get better because the brakes dont completely lock up now but i can still feel them sticking and i cannot really push the car(eg hatch).
do you think this has anything to do with the push rod adjustment? if so how do i adjust it? or what else can it be?

thanks
BTW the brakes lock up front and back.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Have you checked the pins that the caliper rides on? Are they sufficiently lubricated on all wheels?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Check your caliper pistons too. If they don't go in and out easily, you may need to rebuild your caliper or get new ones.

Also check your brake lines. Look for corrosion or any signs that they aren't letting fluid run properly. I've read (not only in Honda's) that brake lines can act as check valves and will only let fluid flow one way.

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my calipers are good. i changed one of them in the front and that one is also getting locked up and i odnt think all 4 can go bad at the same time,lol. it wont go in because the fluid wont let them release. i did do a brake line tuck so do u think that has something to do with it? if so what should i do with the lines? what about the push rod.

thanks

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you messed with the brake lines, chances are you screwed up somewhere. If your pedal was working fine before the brake line tuck, I would say the push rod is fine.

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well what could have gone wrong exactly?? the bends?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did you make new lines or just bend the existing ones? If you bent the existing ones, you may have bent it to the point where it barely lets fluid through.

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i did bend new lines for the master and driver side. the rear lines are old and also the passenger front.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm not really sure how else you can test the flow other than to remove the lines, which sounds like it's going to be a pain in the ass.

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea its going to be. well here is the thing. after driving the car the brakes do lock up after a few min but u can still drive the car. before i changed the master the car wouldn't move at all. so im a little confused. dont i have to adjust the push rod if i changed the master?