HELP - clever riddle

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i need help solving a series of riddles, one per day for 10 days. if i get them right i could win something (dunno what it is yet, but judging by the sponsor it could be quite valuable)

Riddle #1:
Anne-Marie went on a trip through Europe. She thought London was a nice city, but did not care for Amsterdam. She felt Madrid was impressive, but did not like Barcelona. She loved Budapest. In Italy, she adored Rome but found Padua uninteresting. What did she think of Brussels?
ANSWER said:
She was fond of Brussels...
What's common among London, Madrid, Budapest and Rome? And what's common among Padua, Barcelona, and Amsterdam? The former four have an even number of letters; the latter have an odd number. She liked cities with an even number of letters and disliked cities with an odd number. Therefore, she liked Brussels.
UPDATED 7/30/08

Riddle #2:
Hans has only one hobby: animals. He has fish, birds, mice and cats at his home. His animal collection boasts 15 heads and six wings, plus the patter of 38 little feet. How many fish does Hans have?
ANSWER said:
He must have 3 birds (6 wings). They have 3 heads and 6 feet. 38 - 6 feet (32 feet) means there are 8 cats and mice (32/4). So if he has 15 heads, then 15 - 3 - 8 = 4 fish.
UPDATED 7/31/08

Riddle #3:
How many seconds do 8 dogs need to eat 56 biscuits if each dog needs 5 seconds for one biscuit?
ANSWER said:
35 seconds
UPDATED 8/1/08

Riddle #4:
A woman at the market sold half of her supply of boiled eggs plus half an egg to Mr. Johnson. Then she sold half of the rest of her supply plus half an egg to Mr. Smith. Subsequently, Mr. Koch bought half of the rest of her supply plus half an egg. And then Mr. Kohl bought the remaining 33. How many eggs did the market woman have when she started out?

Last edited:

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok so this is what i first thought was the answer
London = capital - liked it
Madrid = capital - liked it
Budapest = capital - liked it
Rome = capital - liked it

and brussels = capital (belgium) - must have liked it

but then i realized that amsterdam is the capital of netherlands and she didnt like it :x

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got a lot of time at work let me think about it

you dont think it has anythign to do with the number of cities she liked
like 4 and 4 maybe?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
easy, she hated it.

jdmspivic

Go Ahead Shoot Me b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you win we want part of the prize .

codyllee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
easy, she hated it.
:lol: hahaha

either way, you have a 50/50 chance of getting right!

I think she liked it? Seems to be the pattern she's following with the other capitals, but then again that may be what they want you to think :???:

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Liked: London UK, Madrid Spain, Budapest Hungary ,Rome Italy
Did Not:Amsterdam Netherlands, Barcelona Spain, Padua Italy
Brussels Belgium?

At first I thought it was the First letter of the City, but i got to Budapest and that doesn't follow after M
Then I thought it might have to do with the country the city is in and the only thing I see is that she doesn't like 2 cities in the same country, but im stuck after that.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the b***h didn't go to brussels.

... i'd be curious what the real answer is, 'cuz i'm thoroughly confused. riddles, ftl!

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
guy that got the answer right said:
She was fond of Brussels...

What's common among London, Madrid, Budapest and Rome? And what's common among Padua, Barcelona, and Amsterdam? The former four have an even number of letters; the latter have an odd number. She liked cities with an even number of letters and disliked cities with an odd number. Therefore, she liked Brussels.

P.S. She liked all of the capitals but one: Amsterdam (so the capital reasoning doesn't hold).

baller7764

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
4 fish

Hans has only one hobby: animals. He has fish, birds, mice and cats at his home. His animal collection boasts 15 heads and six wings, plus the patter of 38 little feet. How many fish does Hans have?
6 wings must mean 3 birds. so that takes care of 3 of the animals the wings and 6 of the feet.

32 feet left for 12 animals. Only 4 legged animals left I suppose (and the fish.) So 32/4=8. Total of 8 cat and mice.

3 birds+8 cats and mice=11 animals. Only thing you need is 4 more heads tp meet all the requirements so thats 4 fish.

Hope I'm right but it's probably more complicated than that.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^that's exactly what i got... and about 10 other people before me :x

so far im 0 for 2 in winning this stupid thing

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
4 fish

6 wings must mean 3 birds. so that takes care of 3 of the animals the wings and 6 of the feet.

32 feet left for 12 animals. Only 4 legged animals left I suppose (and the fish.) So 32/4=8. Total of 8 cat and mice.

3 birds+8 cats and mice=11 animals. Only thing you need is 4 more heads tp meet all the requirements so thats 4 fish.

Hope I'm right but it's probably more complicated than that.
haha, was just getting ready to type all that out, you beat me to it :thumbup:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
3 Dragons, 8 cat and mice and 4 fish.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^that's exactly what i got... and about 10 other people before me :x

so far im 0 for 2 in winning this stupid thing
so 4 fish was wrong? If so then it would be none because the cats got hungry and ate all the fish.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so 4 fish was wrong? If so then it would be none because the cats got hungry and ate all the fish.
I think he means that people beat him to answering the riddles. I'm assuming who ever answers first gets the "point".

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hey mugen, thisis off topic, but you might want to look into your Sig paypal image link, when i click it, it only shows me my info, probably the same for others.
:lol:

thanks, ill look into it

*edit*
apparently you cant see a sellers info unless you are actually in the process of buying something from them. that's why it takes you to your own account. thanks for the headsup

Last edited: