HELP Clutch pedal moving side to side?

MistorOrange

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I noticed while driving the other day, when coming off the clutch to rest my foot on the dead pedal, part of my foot was catching the clutch pedal, so when I got home I looked and the pedal was way over to the left, when I push on the arm, it'll move back into place with a lil force, but as soon as u depress it a few times it goes back to being to far over to the left... Never heard of this before??

MistorOrange

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Take a look. The clutch pedal attaches to the clutch master cylinder on the other side of the fire wall via the pedal pin which has a clip or lock pin holding it in place. But that's probably not your issue.

The clutch pedal is mounted to a bracket by a bolt collar and a couple of bushings. On vintage cars like ours it's not out of the realm of possibilities to have this stamped bracket fail in some way.

Remember that car makers have had a deep love for rust. If the dashboard collapses after 15 years of use the Gods of Capitalism are greatly pleased. The confused will insist that car companies have improved their products durability immensely since the days of Rusty Jones and indeed they do have increased longevity including more use of galvanized steel. But rust proofing is still a business. People still Ziebart their cars because everything eventually rusts.

Got off topic. The bracket is still available from Honda if it needs to be replaced - I'd fix it instead. Unbolt the front seat, get a blanket and place a pillow under or near the pedals to cozy up underneath. Then with a nice LED look and see where things have gone wrong for you. There is nothing more disheartening to see than a grown man curled in the fetal position under a dashboard crying like a baby - somewhere out there in America. Don't let that image deter you.
lmao thanks man, soon as this monsoon of rain ends im gonna go have a good look, ill report back