Help ID This Part

XBMX

My 04 Civic ST was just in the Body Shop for minor work. Cleaning up after returning home i found this item. I'd like to ID it before I return to the Shop and get a BS story. Thanks, Rick

Attachments

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A little context would help?
Where did you find it, what kind of "minor" work did you have done, what is it made out of and have you tried looking up that number stamped on it? Looks to be from the left side of the car?

XBMX

The number is only partially readable. Seems to be some sort of molded foam. The repair was LF Fender replacement. Appreciate your help.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm wondering was it some sort of spacer to deaden sound? It being foam is curious.

XBMX

I'd like to somehow prove it was left out of the repair. Otherwise I'm being told it didn't come from my job.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd like to somehow prove it was left out of the repair. Otherwise I'm being told it didn't come from my job.
It's odd then how it is a Honda part left in YOUR car that the part isn't from your car?
So that means the body shop left somebody's part from their car in yours?
That's some lazy work.

Can you confirm all the numbers on the part?

Also, you said this is from your 2004 Civic ST?
Are you not from the US, so is this the trim model of the car?

Last edited:

XBMX

Yes I agree 100%. The number is not fully readable and I can't find a parts blow up picturing this item that's why I posted figured someone would be able to confirm.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I asked in another group, and I agree now after getting some feedback. This looks similar to a piece that would be behind a door panel for sound absorbing.
My EP3 had a piece like this within the door.

XBMX

It's marked HONDA and L plus the LF Fender was replaced so in all probability it came from there. What I need is a guy in the Honda Parts Dept with time on his hands.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's marked HONDA and L plus the LF Fender was replaced so in all probability it came from there. What I need is a guy in the Honda Parts Dept with time on his hands.
Take it into the dealership, see what they can do if you really want to know.

I can't see this being anywhere on the fender, not sure for what either.
I can see it being between the door panel and inner door skin, to deaden the sound and maybe act as a spacer.