Help identifying plastic cap interior

Helloitsme

Hello all its me how are you doing?

I have a Honda civic 08 coupe, just replaced the side mirror ( for the second time, love nyc) and this time when I was removing the plastic cap on the interior of the car, opposite mirror, that allows you to access the screws and replace the mirror. That plastic cap snapped for one reason or another, and I would like to replace it as now the electric is exposed and it looks like ****. I don't know what to even call this plastic cap nor how to reference it online to buy one, I stay away from dealers because well they are dealers.

Also as I am posting a thread I'll ask my other question, if I lost the key with the alarm remote built in, to my car and only have the grey valet left how can I get the key and how much will it be around? From using the valet key to enter the car, it has worn out the key hole and will not engage, now I have to leave my car unlocked, not good. But it works in the starter no problem.

Thank you very much for your time

Me

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hi me!

Just ask the dealership for the part #, but go elsewhere to purchase it.

As for the key, you'll probably need to go to Honda for that.

Good luck! :thumbs up

-- me (me me, not you me)

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nothing wrong with the dealer. I don't know why people always talk s**t about them. Worked at dealers for 10 years of my working career.

Both your problems could be solved in less than 10 minutes at the dealer. The key is a dealer only item from my understanding, it needs programmed to the vehicle.