Help me choose an engine !

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by Tawine, Nov 13, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Tawine

Tawine New Member

To tell you the truth, I was wondering if I can swap an engine other than B16s or K20s etc. Are there engines from other cars that I can put in my civic? I'm also trying to look for a engine that is already has a turbo. Please give me ideas. Power range 250HP-350HP.

2. Themegajosh09

Themegajosh09 New Member

If you could swap a k24 it would be making about 220hp and 200tq but as far as i know there isn't one that comes turbo. I swapped a b18c1 in and added lots of bolt PBS and I couldn't be happier

3. Tawine

Tawine New Member

That would be awesome, but I'm trying to look into other engines that aren't under Honda. I'll feel like a traitor though. One of my friends though has a Cavalier & is swap a Saab turbo engine into it. Should produce 250HP & Its pretty cheap too!

4. civicspencer

civicspencer New Member Registered VIP

J series are nice it's like sawpping a

5. civicspencer

6. Tawine

Tawine New Member

I guess your right ... shoot but I can't think of any. If I can find a 250HP minimum turbo engine, that's still somewhat reliable, that would be awesome. Hopefully it will respond well to bolt-ons. Gas mileage good too (but that's asking to much)

7. Failsafe88

Failsafe88 gt CasaNova Registered VIP

Check out the civette and their is a Subaru powered awd civic. I'm sure you are going to have to do some custom modding being mounts and exhaust along with anything else that is thrown your way

8. ReedMann

ReedMann New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

I don't know how much work you want to put in, but there is always the SR20. You could use a FWD one from a Sentra or a RWD one from a 240sx with a little more work. It comes stock with like 210hp and turbo options are readily available.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2476295

9. Tawine

Tawine New Member

Considered, looking into it. Anymore? Keep them coming.

10. Tawine

Tawine New Member

Hey I saw that a Saab 9000 has a 2.3L B234 engine that 225HP. It's a V6 though ... so I don't know if it will fit in my 99 civic sedan. Even if it does fit, is it to much torque??

11. civicspencer

12. Blood_Shot

Blood_Shot Banned Registered VIP

you arent going to do it, anyone who had the ability or knowledge would know a few engines to use

4g63
    sr20
    srt4 2.4
    cobalt ss turbo
    acura k23a1

13. civicspencer

Kinda what I was thinking

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.877436,-99.509278

14. Tawine

Tawine New Member

I'll cheak out those engines. Also I know somewhat that I'd have to fabricate things so that some engines wound fit. I'm just considering them though. I want to find the perfect engine, even if the amount of work is hard.

15. civicspencer