Help me choose an engine !

To tell you the truth, I was wondering if I can swap an engine other than B16s or K20s etc. Are there engines from other cars that I can put in my civic? I'm also trying to look for a engine that is already has a turbo. Please give me ideas. Power range 250HP-350HP.

If you could swap a k24 it would be making about 220hp and 200tq but as far as i know there isn't one that comes turbo. I swapped a b18c1 in and added lots of bolt PBS and I couldn't be happier

If you could swap a k24 it would be making about 220hp and 200tq but as far as i know there isn't one that comes turbo. I swapped a b18c1 in and added lots of bolt PBS and I couldn't be happier
That would be awesome, but I'm trying to look into other engines that aren't under Honda. I'll feel like a traitor though. One of my friends though has a Cavalier & is swap a Saab turbo engine into it. Should produce 250HP & Its pretty cheap too!

Didnt mean to post
But you could put any motor you wanted just depends on your budget and how much work you want to put into it

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.877303,-99.509390
I guess your right ... shoot but I can't think of any. If I can find a 250HP minimum turbo engine, that's still somewhat reliable, that would be awesome. Hopefully it will respond well to bolt-ons. Gas mileage good too (but that's asking to much)

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Check out the civette and their is a Subaru powered awd civic. I'm sure you are going to have to do some custom modding being mounts and exhaust along with anything else that is thrown your way

Hey I saw that a Saab 9000 has a 2.3L B234 engine that 225HP. It's a V6 though ... so I don't know if it will fit in my 99 civic sedan. Even if it does fit, is it to much torque??

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
you arent going to do it, anyone who had the ability or knowledge would know a few engines to use

4g63
sr20
srt4 2.4
cobalt ss turbo
acura k23a1

you arent going to do it, anyone who had the ability or knowledge would know a few engines to use

4g63
sr20
srt4 2.4
cobalt ss turbo
acura k23a1
I'll cheak out those engines. Also I know somewhat that I'd have to fabricate things so that some engines wound fit. I'm just considering them though. I want to find the perfect engine, even if the amount of work is hard.

VigLink badge