help me choose which turbo to use!!

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so here is the deal..i have 2 turbos at my house. one is a master power .50 trim and here are the specs.
T3/T4 Master Power Turbo 300-350hp .63 A/R Stage 2
-Journal Bearing Cartridge
-Oil cooled only
Compressor
-50 Trim Inducer Wheel
.42 A/R w/ 3"(75.9mm) inlet and 2"(53.5mm) outlet
Turbine
-60 Trim Exducer Wheel Stage 2
-.63 A/R TURBINE HOUSING w/ T3 Inlet 4-Bolt-M8 2.5" oulet

and the second one is a SPA .61 trim. here are the specs...Suggested application: 1.6L - 2.5L engines
Turbine Housing: free float
Single:A/R .36, A/R .48, A/R .63 / T3 flange with a 4-bolt downpipe flange
Divided: A/R .48, A/R .58 / T3 flange with a 4-bolt downpipe flange
Compressor Housing: A/R .42 – please see technical drawing
Notes: good up to 380 HP
Average weight: 6.6 Kg / 14.55 lbs
Compressor TRIM: 61
Turbine TRIM: 70

my goal is to hit 400-430 WHP. it a stock b16 with a gsr head. the head has skunk2 valvetrain and ctr cams. im going to run e 85. i used the master power last summer on a bone stock gsr and made 290WHP on 9psi.

the spa is a .61 trim but what confuses me is that the intake side is much smaller than the masterpower. why is that?? is it because the SPA might be a hybrid??

which turbo is better for 400WHP?

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for starters, 400whp is not a good plan with a stock b16 bottem end. You should really look into the Precision 5431

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^ Exactly as he stated.. 400 isn't the safest with a stock B16 bottom end. I'm running a Turbonetics T3/T4 liquid/oil cooled turbo around .48AR and I managed to hit 400hp.. keep in mind my engine is FULLY built though.

Precision makes good turbos, I'd like to pick on up eventually.. so my vote is precision as well.

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks For the replies..I already have these two turbos at home and I don't have the funds to buy another one at the moment. I know its going to be pushing the motor but with the proper tune and e85 ill be ok.lol. and I don't really care if the block goes bad because I'm. Going to build a motor. So out of those two turbos which one is better??

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you want the truth? its pretty much a over priced ebay turbo. but, if you had the .63a/r version that might be able to make 400. Either way, your not going to make 400-430whp safe on E85, hell, i wouldnt do it on Q16. If you have the money to "build" a bottom end when this blows up, you should have the $600 to buy a good turbo.

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you want the truth? its pretty much a over priced ebay turbo. but, if you had the .63a/r version that might be able to make 400. Either way, your not going to make 400-430whp safe on E85, hell, i wouldnt do it on Q16. If you have the money to "build" a bottom end when this blows up, you should have the $600 to buy a good turbo.
350-400 WHP on b16s has been done time and time again. it doesnt mean im going to run 400whp all the time...when i wanna run 400 whp ill just turn up the boost.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i never said it couldnt be done, i said it wont be safe. but do what you want then come in here and complain about your motor blowing up. BTW, you wont make the power you want with the 780cc injectors and 255lph pump on E85. People are maxing out 1200cc injectors at 490whp on e85 with that pump.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
got traction is CC's master of boost. I would listen to him if I were you.

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i never said it couldnt be done, i said it wont be safe. but do what you want then come in here and complain about your motor blowing up. BTW, you wont make the power you want with the 780cc injectors and 255lph pump on E85. People are maxing out 1200cc injectors at 490whp on e85 with that pump.
i have ID 1000s. =) i know its not safe but i have a block and im going to see what it can do..

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what about it? IMO its not going to make 400 before it lets go

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cheap - Reliable - Fast

Pick any TWO, Because you can't have all 3.

Not hatin man, I am in the same boat, slap this on just to do it? Nope, just wait and do it when the time/funds are available.

Good Luck.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
Thanks For the replies..I already have these two turbos at home and I don't have the funds to buy another one at the moment. I know its going to be pushing the motor but with the proper tune and e85 ill be ok.lol. and I don't really care if the block goes bad because I'm. Going to build a motor. So out of those two turbos which one is better??
So why not wait and build the block and avoid the downtime and the chance of ruin both a block and a turbo.
Why not sell one turbo to help fund some internals? It's your s**t, but I do not see the point in ruining a good block now to just build another later. Granted even a built block can still s**t the bed, Im just as impatient as the next person when it comes to cars but I would sit back and wait, build one block and keep the good one and if either goes you have an extra one on deck.

With that being said, if you are dead set on hitting 400whp just slap one of those bitches on there and turn up the boost until you hit 400whp.

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
7 lbs from my 18G ate the rings in 10k miles or less....only was 247 whp!! 400 whp is a lot for it to handle...ur gunna havta open that turbo up and let'r eat!! Would suck to blow your motor on the dyno!

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
7 lbs from my 18G ate the rings in 10k miles or less....only was 247 whp!! 400 whp is a lot for it to handle...ur gunna havta open that turbo up and let'r eat!! Would suck to blow your motor on the dyno!
Likewise, my 18g GSR shattered a ring in #3 cylinder after 15k on 11psi. Whether is was because I beat the hell out of it that whole time, meh :drive:

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just a quick update....the car is making 366whp and it has been running solid. taking it to the track next week.

zhangming

From the time of day People in america never will overlook, as it's an afternoon in which greatly improved the whole lot. The wonderful pictures connected with September. Twelve, 2001 were cheap authentic nfl jerseys definitily seared inside the of storage space from their state's a worth of devices most of tuned towards the photographs among the systems losing, and everybody frequently probably will recall how they primarily been made aware what is the news which often The us was according to combat.