help me decide my goals

CacheHX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok first off i have a 97 civic hx. its a daily driver and always will be.

--I want to decide what i should aim for, im thinkin i want to aim for like 300 hp. (to me that doesnt sound like that much much power but i dont really know) i just want a sick fast car

-- i dont really want to spend thousands just for a swap that im still going to have to turbo to get those numbers, so can i just get those numbers by turboing the D16. And still have a reliable daily driver

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it will cost a good amount of cheese to get a d to 300 hp and good tune. maybe a fully built boosting like 18 psi?

ryanM

you wont get those numbers out of a y5 (at least without selling your soul, or left testicle)...you need to swap...

edit: nevermind, you could sell your soul, and testicle, and not even come close to enough to squeeze 300 out of a d16y5 that was just built to get optimum gas mileage, and nothing more.

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
you wont get those numbers out of a y5 (at least without selling your soul, or left testicle)...you need to swap....
i would sell my left testicle for 300hp. my soul is on ebay right now for 500hp.

iNotioN

5+ Year Member
welll no... you cant.. if you turbo your d16 and want a reliable car you should only boost about 5-8 psi.. and if you just do that and maybe some fuel manage ment you will as fast as a b16 about 170whp if that.. if you really wanna have 300 you wont get there with out spending big money.. if you want something reliable you should just get a b18 turbo that at 8-10 psi and maybe youll get about 240whp if eveything goes good.. but there no posible way to get 300whp with out making your car risky on going out on you.. so you just want a fast car i would go with the b18 turbo its nice and liable and it will be fast not thatt fast but ok.. or just turbo your d16 @ 8 psi thats pretty good and if you blow it it wont be that expensive to fix it.. and trust me you will blow it no matter what its just a matter of time...!!!!!!!

CacheHX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i will swap a y8 head on, but can i run about 8 psi like you said on stock internalls.

the thing is, is that i am burning a little oi,l so would it be worth buying better parts to replace them with or just get stock parts (if i am only going to run about 8 psi)

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ls turbo FTW..

- cheap swap n good for turbo.. have fun

civic_tj

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wmertz said:
ls turbo FTW..

- cheap swap n good for turbo.. have fun
You say its a cheap swap, can you list a few places where you could get one cheap?

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
civic_tj said:
I know about them, I was looking for other places. Places maybe a little cheaper!
oh my bad.. i thought you were doubting me that they were cheap.