help me with this exhaust

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

saw this pic, looks f'in badass in itself, but can anyone tell me how exactly this is setup? i know it goes under the axle, but is the piping the same up until the axle?

i'm going to re-do my exhaust and want a good flow, i'll probably get my muffler shop to make the pipes/bends.

i could show them the pic, and describe it to them the best of my ability, but i'm not sure if they'll understand what i'm wanting them to do, escpecially with the angle that it has.

anyone have a drawing maybe, or even better, maybe angle numbers?

i appreciate any help! thanks

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i know jdmlyfestyle from honda-tech has pretty much the same setup (5th gen hatch with rs-r gt2 running straight from the header til the axle, then rest is at an angle).

damn his website is down. either he shut it down cuz no hits or its just down for maintenance. but once its back up, hes got lots o pics of his car underneath.

and cant u just buy exhausts that run straight thru like that? i always thought u could. and im guessing the bend is custom work

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
please do some investigating....i will try to as well

i figure i can get the piping and muffler on the cheap compared to a whole kit.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your not worried about any ground clearance problems that may arise? I usually dont like angled exhaust but that actually looks ok

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no not really.....my car isnt that slammed....

and i think i would work on his angle...seems like its unnecessarily too low....maybe i would take the pipe just like stock until a few inches b4 the axle, then angle it down and go straight/sideways with it