HELP New CAR. New COLD AIr Intake NOW the CHECK Motoer light is on ?????

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You're pissing me off, and you obviously don't read anything I post.

Take it to Honda. Tell them you got the intake put on at another dealer, but they don't want to help you out with the check engine light. Honda will run the standard tests, fix your MAF sensor so you don't run lean, and you'll be on your merry little way. I went through the SAME. EXACT. THING. And I didn't have to pay anything, and it is still under warranty because the aftermarket part did not cause another part to BREAK or FAIL.

steviethekidd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and also, i thought AEM intake systems would NOT void warranties, i thought that was one of the big things with their product.

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And also, I thought you were asking for peoples advice?

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
steviethekidd said:
and also, i thought AEM intake systems would NOT void warranties, i thought that was one of the big things with their product.
Yeah they don't. =)

Some people honestly just need to read a bit more... :roll: oh well, the world isn't perfect.

coach2fast

5+ Year Member
Ya but most dealers will ask for the paperwork from where you got the intake or call the other dealer to check on what dealer you got it from? I know if I worked at honda and someone came in and said that I would check with the other dealer.

coach2fast

5+ Year Member
Hey Sion0x

I do read all your posts :-) Can you tell me what the dealer told you that needed to be fixed so if I go to a dealer on
Monday I can tell them what needs to be done.

Thanks for all your help. Did you get the same AEM CAI ?

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yup, I have the AEM cold air intake, same one you have.

The only thing that needs to be done is to reprogram the MAF sensor.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Sion0x said:
Yup, I have the AEM cold air intake, same one you have.

The only thing that needs to be done is to reprogram the MAF sensor.
you got lucky.... allot of honda dealerships will try to void your entire warranty if you install non-approved aftermarket parts..... especially if you bring the car in and say the aftermarket parts are making the car run lean....

i would not recommend ANYONE take their car to honda for repairs related to aftermarket parts, if they want to keep their warranty... it's a crap shoot with big consequences

steviethekidd said:
there's nothing special about aem intakes, except they are CARB approved, they will still void warranties like a cheap ebay intake will.... all your dealer has to do is get a stick up their ass and kiss your warranty goodbye

as oc civic put it 3 years ago on another forum

oc civic said:
yes it CAN void your warranty.. NO ONE MAY believe it but ANY none OEM honda part CAN void your warranty... and ANYONE who does NOT believe that go read the WHOLE warranty.. they have loop holes for EVERYTHING....if your car is modded and they covered it.. they cut you a break..

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
'Tis true, the dealers will try and screw you over...

I didn't tell them it was running lean, I let them tell me. I also said another dealer put it on, and said I was unhappy with their service so I came here. (which was partially true, although the other dealer didn't put my intake on, I came there for an oil change and they pissed me off)

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Sion0x said:
'Tis true, the dealers will try and screw you over...

I didn't tell them it was running lean, I let them tell me. I also said another dealer put it on, and said I was unhappy with their service so I came here. (which was partially true, although the other dealer didn't put my intake on, I came there for an oil change and they pissed me off)

again, you got very lucky

even if honda installs the intake, it can still void warranty.... AND they usually call to the other dealership

coach2fast

5+ Year Member
Dose not seem with the risk going into the dealer seems like the best thing to do if I'm looknig to keep the warty is
put the stock box back on?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
coach2fast said:
Dose not seem with the risk going into the dealer seems like the best thing to do if I'm looknig to keep the warty is
put the stock box back on?
yes, if i were you i would put the stock intake back on and get a good drop in filter.

it's just not worth losing your warranty imo, to get the 2hp that the intake gives

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My suggestion. Cover your ass with a cute-movie-plan

Have a friend go to another honda dealer. You go to the dealer you choose. tell them the number of the other dealer and whats going on... other friend answers the phone when they call... tells them how much they suck and its the new honda dealers problem now.. tada!

hey, it would work if it was ferris buellers day off!

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
postal21 said:
My suggestion. Cover your ass with a cute-movie-plan

Have a friend go to another honda dealer. You go to the dealer you choose. tell them the number of the other dealer and whats going on... other friend answers the phone when they call... tells them how much they suck and its the new honda dealers problem now.. tada!

hey, it would work if it was ferris buellers day off!

riiiiight.....

so just walk in, and tell the honda service department to let you answer the phones for them.....

you were on LSD when you thought up this plan werent you?