Help with coilovers: skunk2s/ground controls

civic-tuner

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I need some help chosing some coilovers for my 93 ex. Right now its on matrix coilovers and I wanted to upgrade to skunks or ground controls. Now with the matrixs the ride is very bouncy and also squeeks when I brake and I was wondering if upgrading would solve those two problems. Also I would like to know if anybody has a 5th gen. coupe with springs (h&r, skunks, eibach) that I could see a pic of. I heard from someone that lowering your car with springs makes the back of the car lower than the front (true or false). thanks in advance for the replys.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
what shocks are you riding, because that may be the causing the bouncy and squeeky ride. also some springs do cause the back to sag a bit.

i had ground controls with stock shocks and mine was really boucy and squeeky until i put my koni yellows on.

civic-tuner

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
On stock shocks. I just bought some tokicos hp shocks and I was gonna install them and keep the matrix coilvers, but some guy told me that it was most likely the coilovers. He said they were very bouncy and cheap.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
it is probably your coilovers if you stock shocks aren't blow yet.

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wouldnt think going with another set of coilovers like skunk2 or groundcontrol will solve the bouncy problems. the thing is that they have really high spring rate which causes the bouncing. the squeaking can be fixed though. some spots might not be lubed enough or what not.

like admin said, you definitely need new shocks. those stock shocks are made to handle such high spring rates as you find in coilovers. first thing you should do is probably get new shocks which you will need to tell us how much you wanna spend. then we can go from there. also matrix arent the best coilovers out there to begin with. . .