Help with malfunctioning tail lights.

xxxnjxxx

Honda civic ex 2000.I was installing a pair of new led tail lights and as i was cutting the positive wire on the right(the positive wire that powers the running tail light bulb), to connect the right led ring to it and it sparked. i checked my fuses and the tail light fuse was blown so i replaced it. But now i encountered a problem. My back up lights stay light whenever i turn my lights on. also whenever i have a turn signal on and i press the brake the turn signal will stop flashing. i have checked all the fuses and they are all ok, i dont know what the problem is, i would appreciate if someone would help me identify the problem. thanks.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your first problem is LED tail lights :lol:

On a more serious note, sounds like you've got some wiring backwards. I don't recall you having to rewire anything for those chunti tail lights. They should be plug and play.

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
ya sounds like you got something wired wrong,but like tokyo said the tails should have been PnP.maybe some pics could help

xxxnjxxx

i removed the fuse for the back up lights and yet they still light up when i turn my lights on. i will upload pictures when i get back from class