Hendo's DD project- The EH

unix4linux

Hendo,

Here is a pic of the vtec pressure switch

As you can see, the little green clip right by the distributor is the pressure switch. You'll notice in the picture, right next to the green pressure switch clip that there is a red wire that then kinda turns yellow (that's because I had to extended the wire). That is the wire that goes to A4 on the ECU, which is the vtec Solenoid. The green clip has two wires, one that goes to D6 on the ecu and the other, which is ground. The ground can go anywhere you have good ground contact. Search for some good ground with a multimeter.

Hope this helps =)

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
After the vacuum line was hooked up, threw codes 6 and 22, temp sensor and oil pressure sensor. Turns out it was some bad wiring, both of those fixed. Then it throws a code 16 (fuel injectors), but runs fine. So gonna re-do the grounds tomorrow, see if its just more bad wires. Fingers crossed lol

unix4linux

After the vacuum line was hooked up, threw codes 6 and 22, temp sensor and oil pressure sensor. Turns out it was some bad wiring, both of those fixed. Then it throws a code 16 (fuel injectors), but runs fine. So gonna re-do the grounds tomorrow, see if its just more bad wires. Fingers crossed lol
Hendo,

As discussed, let us know what happens here when you upgrade the fuel pump. You probably aren't getting enough fuel as you pointed out. The engine was tuned using a 255L Walbro

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
255 Walbro ordered up from JayJay here on cc. Yeah, it's throwing code 16 above 4k rpm under hard acceleration. New fuel pump should straighten it out. Yonaka catback is here but I wasn't home (dammit) so now I've gotta see if they'll hold it for me at Kinko's. One fun item that I did get:

Gonna drive it a bit tomorrow, have some fun. =)

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
And here are some alternative angles of the motor :D

And the obligatory:

It kinda runs like a raped ape. Already had a newer Altima V6 try to show me what was up. That person, in fact, was unable to show me lol. The solid mounts are going to take a little getting used to, but it doesn't seem like stock mounts would be a good idea given the hood clearance XD At least it gets really quiet at about 78 mph for freeway cruising.

The dog has been transformed into a beast, it makes power with what seems like no effort. "Wow, already at 80 mph?" and "that doesn't feel like 100mph" I thought to myself more than once. The 8k redline is also VERY entertaining. Anybody contemplating one of these, I say dooo eeet. :D

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks awesome man! I just picked up a swap yesterday and can't wait to get it in the car.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks awesome man! I just picked up a swap yesterday and can't wait to get it in the car.
GSR swap? It changes the whole flavor of the car. The steering is a little meatier from the extra weight up front, but you drop the hammer and it FLIES. Of course, this one has a skunk2 intake on it and has been tuned, it puts 176 hp to the ground. It's about 20-30hp less from a stock motor. Still, going from the mouse motor to something that breathes (to put it mildly).. it's what I was looking for =)

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How much did you pick up the motor for again?
$1500. One mo' time, it came with:

• 1994 GSR (P72) engine
• 1996 LS transmission (hydraulic)
• Every single engine sensor (nothing missing)
• Skunk2 intake manifold
• Distributor (GSR)
• Engine Harness
• Injectors
• Axles
• Chipped P28 ECU (crome tuning software) w/ Launch Control
• Headers 4-2-1
• Innovative Engine mounts
• Integra Radiator with both fans
• Starter
• Alternator
• Hoses (they are all pretty new)
• New head gasket
• New water pump
• New oil pump
• Throttle body
• Ignition Wires
• Shift Linkage
• Clutch and Flywheel (stage 2 clutch)

A few crusty wires got replaced and I needed a GSR rear mount bracket, but it had everything else.

I dig the hefty clutch. The takeup is totally linear, it's really easy to modulate. Wish I knew the brand because I'd recommend it.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
GSR swap? It changes the whole flavor of the car. The steering is a little meatier from the extra weight up front, but you drop the hammer and it FLIES. Of course, this one has a skunk2 intake on it and has been tuned, it puts 176 hp to the ground. It's about 20-30hp less from a stock motor. Still, going from the mouse motor to something that breathes (to put it mildly).. it's what I was looking for =)
Close, but no GSR haha. It's a JDM B16. Check my thread.

I dig the hefty clutch. The takeup is totally linear, it's really easy to modulate. Wish I knew the brand because I'd recommend it.
I wish you knew it too, I'm in the market for a new clutch for my swap.

unix4linux

Close, but no GSR haha. It's a JDM B16. Check my thread.

I wish you knew it too, I'm in the market for a new clutch for my swap.
I have done several swaps and can't remember exactly but I am almost positive that it's a Clutchmasters when I put it in.

Hendo, glad you are liking my old engine =) Let us know when the fuel pump comes in. That is an EASY install. Unlike other cars, you don't have to drop the tank =)

On a side note, I had to send my K24 block for some clearance issues...sigh. So, I can feel your pain in regards to slowly getting everything together and missing that package for your exhaust.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well there is the answer, Clutchmasters. The fuel pump is in, exhaust too:

Blangin. I can't hear it too well over the sound of the motor, it seems pretty quiet lol. Might switch to rubber mounts but I'm sure the motor will bang the hood XD

unix4linux

Well there is the answer, Clutchmasters. The fuel pump is in, exhaust too:

Blangin. I can't hear it too well over the sound of the motor, it seems pretty quiet lol. Might switch to rubber mounts but I'm sure the motor will bang the hood XD
Very nice!!!

Still having issues running with that code 16? Did you check your fuel pressure after installing the pump?

iwannacivicsi

$1500. One mo' time, it came with:

• 1994 GSR (P72) engine
• 1996 LS transmission (hydraulic)
• Every single engine sensor (nothing missing)
• Skunk2 intake manifold
• Distributor (GSR)
• Engine Harness
• Injectors
• Axles
• Chipped P28 ECU (crome tuning software) w/ Launch Control
• Headers 4-2-1
• Innovative Engine mounts
• Integra Radiator with both fans
• Starter
• Alternator
• Hoses (they are all pretty new)
• New head gasket
• New water pump
• New oil pump
• Throttle body
• Ignition Wires
• Shift Linkage
• Clutch and Flywheel (stage 2 clutch)

A few crusty wires got replaced and I needed a GSR rear mount bracket, but it had everything else.

i may have missed it but where did you get your motor? i have a 00 civic ex and wanna motor swap. what motor should i try and get and where? and who can install it for me?

unix4linux

i may have missed it but where did you get your motor? i have a 00 civic ex and wanna motor swap. what motor should i try and get and where? and who can install it for me?
He got the motor from me. It was shipped from FL to MI. As for the install, it all depends on who you want to pay to install it in your area.

unix4linux

In regards to the injectors, make sure that each injector is working. You can check for continuity and even try to listen to each injector to see if they are making a clicking noise. If each is making a clicking noise then they are opening.

I'm almost certain there is something wrong with the injectors not working. Either loose connection or one may have gone bad especially since you changed the pump. Just make sure you are getting adequate fuel pressure as well. It should be 38psi at idle warm. If its less then the problem is before your injectors. If its good, then the problem can be isolated towards the injectors/wiring.

unix4linux

By the way Hendo, are you going to give me some feedback on this site for the sale or what :lol:

Last edited: