Hendo's DD project- The EH

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
In regards to the injectors, make sure that each injector is working. You can check for continuity and even try to listen to each injector to see if they are making a clicking noise. If each is making a clicking noise then they are opening.

I'm almost certain there is something wrong with the injectors not working. Either loose connection or one may have gone bad especially since you changed the pump. Just make sure you are getting adequate fuel pressure as well. It should be 38psi at idle warm. If its less then the problem is before your injectors. If its good, then the problem can be isolated towards the injectors/wiring.
Looking like it might be a false code from frayed wiring on the temp sensor. Along with the thermostat not liking the cold weather, the radiator cap and the IACV need to be replaced. The Florida motor did not enjoy starting on its first Michigan 20 degree morning lol

unix4linux

Looking like it might be a false code from frayed wiring on the temp sensor. Along with the thermostat not liking the cold weather, the radiator cap and the IACV need to be replaced. The Florida motor did not enjoy starting on its first Michigan 20 degree morning lol
DOHHHHH...let me know how that turns out. Sorry I haven't been in touch these past few days. I have been having major clearance issues with my build.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So it was a bad fast idle solenoid valve and not the iacv. Its still a little hard to start on a cold morning, but it runs good after its warmed up for a minute. Sticky thermostat replaced, radiator cap too. Just a few lazy tropical Florida rubber/plastic parts that didn't like their first taste of a Michigan winter lol. Replacing that solenoid valve has made it run much more smoothly, which is nice considering the mounts. The short throw shifter and weighted knob are fantastic. I'll have to wash it and get some pics.

I am now addicted to the vtacks. Mileage, she suffers XD

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sounds good man. I can't wait to get my swap done.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Had a hose pop a leak, sprayed coolant everywhere. All good now. Its so much fun, I just want the damn thing to run right lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow, haven't updated in a while. The GSR motor is working well, I'm down to a ever so slightly leaky heater hose fitting and the motor will be coolant-tight. Picked up some 15" steelies with giant 4x4 tires on em, rides like a Cadillac lol. Gonna run some miles off of these ridiculous things before I buy something lower profile. Front tower bar coming soon, but that's not really why I'm updating. My bro needed a car, so I dug up a 99 LX sedan with a blown trans for $1000. I've still got the DX trans from the 92, just needs a clutch and throwout bearing, so gonna slap that thing in there. It WAS hooked up to a Y7 when I bought it anyway lol

Anyhow, here's the new pickup, I hope my little bro starts a build thread, I think I got him a decent start:

165k miles on it, thoughts? :D

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've really gotta reserve judgement on it until the trans is replaced. It seems pretty nice, power windows/locks/mirrors/steering/etc, and the jerk gets a/c and cruise too. It's the lap of luxury compared to my hatches XD

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
^^haha thats one reason I like my em1. Its fun + luxuries. Make sure he gets new carpet, I hate nasty interior more than anything else...but its also not my car ;)

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ordered up a GSR sway bar, endlinks and lcas. Thinking about a Beaks bar or ASR subframe brace too, read a few things about "tearout", although it seems a 14mm bar doesn't REQUIRE the bracing. Thoughts anybody?

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm waiting to get an ASR before I put my rear sway bar on. Although, it is a 23mm CTR one... You will probably be fine, at least for a little bit, with no reinforcement on a 14mm bar.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm waiting to get an ASR before I put my rear sway bar on. Although, it is a 23mm CTR one... You will probably be fine, at least for a little bit, with no reinforcement on a 14mm bar.
Yeah, I did read that it's a bad idea to put on a big fat one without any additional bracing. This is my DD, I don't need something 22mm+. Thinking it's going to be a purple Beaks bar since everything says the ASR brace is compatible with the 22mm bars anyway. The Beaks is stiff enough to lend enough bracing for my purposes, and costs about $100 less to boot. Might get that little subframe reinforcing kit they make too. JHP has it for $75, that's pretty cheap insurance.

Ordered up a Tanabe front strut bar for it today. =)

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, I did read that it's a bad idea to put on a big fat one without any additional bracing. This is my DD, I don't need something 22mm+. Thinking it's going to be a purple Beaks bar since everything says the ASR brace is compatible with the 22mm bars anyway. The Beaks is stiff enough to lend enough bracing for my purposes, and costs about $100 less to boot. Might get that little subframe reinforcing kit they make too. JHP has it for $75, that's pretty cheap insurance.

Ordered up a Tanabe front strut bar for it today. =)
I think that sounds good. Be sure to post some pics!

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's brutal outside. 100 degrees and humid. So much sun its washing out the pictures lol

4x4 status

Sun shining right on the motor, it sucks outside. I went with the red for the +7hp. I heard it's only +5 with the blue. =)

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Only took 3 days before I had 5 minutes to bolt the thing in lol

It's nice having both front wheels on the same page. GC springs and Koni yellows are next up. Eventually. I've got something squeaking and squonking underneath, sounds like a bushing is getting to be on its last legs. If the suspension is gonna hafta come out to fix it, probably just going to upgrade.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Only took 3 days before I had 5 minutes to bolt the thing in lol

It's nice having both front wheels on the same page. GC springs and Koni yellows are next up. Eventually. I've got something squeaking and squonking underneath, sounds like a bushing is getting to be on its last legs. If the suspension is gonna hafta come out to fix it, probably just going to upgrade.
Looks good man. Just something I noticed... Those two little air filters you have one on the valve cover and the one on the intake tube, you can just connect those two holes with a vacuum line, it might clean it up a little. I really want some Koni & GC just don't have the cash right now. Does your car have rear discs yet?